South West progress

Beautiful! Well done to the guys developing the game down there and also to both Wigan and St Helens for getting involved.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Living down here in Exeter I have to say a few years ago and this would not be happening - this is the result of a lot of work and a concerted effort to win over hearts and minds

There are loads of kids down here who aren't ever going to be RU players beyond the social game but still are good athletes and could prosper better in RL - having no other outlet they often stop sport all together outside of school

Hopefully this sort of support carries on - Leigh were supposed to be backing Exeter at one point but that seems to have died the death sadly

And Leeds were down here at one point but that's gone quiet, I suppose while they build the new stand - lack of cash flow

Living down here in Exeter I have to say a few years ago and this would not be happening - this is the result of a lot of work and a concerted effort to win over hearts and minds

There are loads of kids down here who aren't ever going to be RU players beyond the social game but still are good athletes and could prosper better in RL - having no other outlet they often stop sport all together outside of school

Hopefully this sort of support carries on - Leigh were supposed to be backing Exeter at one point but that seems to have died the death sadly

And Leeds were down here at one point but that's gone quiet, I suppose while they build the new stand - lack of cash flow

Been through the situation, Kris. Needs continued support for a number of years. If I was asked to put a finger on the number I would say at least 7.

Big commitment. Not sure if this is covered within ETP.

Archived