Lack of ambition

RoughyedsMad

Whilst we welcome the recent news regarding an artificial pitch at Whitebank, I cannot help thinking that this signals a lack of ambition. We should be wanting SUPER LEAGUE within a few years. Staying at Whitebank means we will not go any higher than Championship. This is as good as it gets!!

Whilst I agree with your comments there is no point in having a fantastic team if we constantly have a ground which is not of Super League standard. It is just a let down and we cannot progress up the RL ladder! It is all about operating on a shoe string and on a part time basis and survival year after year. We are not going to win anything!!

Whilst I agree with your comments there is no point in having a fantastic team if we constantly have a ground which is not of Super League standard. It is just a let down and we cannot progress up the RL ladder! It is all about operating on a shoe string and on a part time basis and survival year after year. We are not going to win anything!!

I think we are quite happy at Bower Fold for now and yes let's dream of Super league but these boys have made a huge step by staying in this division this year. 

I would've thought there are a number of clubs that operate on a more or less hand to mouth basis.Most of the sport is either part time or amateur. There just isn't the finances in the club to establish a ground.We'd all love a decent little ground to call home but it isn't going to happen, we'll just have to be content with what the team have just achieved, which I for one am.Look at Sheffield, full time,no ground and at the moment might not be around next season, would you prefer that?.

Archived