Million £ Game Not Being Shown On Sportsnet in Canada?

John WP Fan

I recently subscribed to Sportsnet World for the RL coverage. I cannot find the Million Pound game in their listings. I just sent them this email:

Hi,

I recently subscribed to Sportsnet World because of the Rugby league coverage. It's the only reason I am paying so much extra for this one channel. I've been generally pleased with the amount of coverage of both the RFL and the NRL, watching Super League and Qualifier matches, and the NRL playoff games the last few weeks.

I'm very surprised and disappointed not to see the Million Pound Game from the RFL Qualifiers on your schedule. This is perhaps the most compelling game of the season in my opinion, with Leigh playing Catalan with relegation to the Championship on the line for the loser. Are you really planning to ignore this game? It's hard to believe you would show weekly games from the Qualifiers that set up this contest, and then just skip it.

Please tell me that you were just waiting to see which teams wound up in this game to decide what time to broadcast it, or on which channel (I see that the NRL Grand Final is making its way to SN1, which is cool), and that I will soon see this appear on my schedule for the coming weekend!

If you are planning to just skip this crucial game, I'll have to reconsider whether my investment in Sportsnet World is really worth it. Up until now I have been a proponent of it in the online social media for the Toronto Wolfpack, encouraging others that I am happy I'm spending the money for this.

Thanks for your attention to this.

John Gross

Toronto Wolfpack season ticket holder and semi-obsessed Rugby league fan

Please speak up to Sportsnet (email feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com) if you would also like to watch this game (at my house if you don't subscribe).

1 hour ago, John WP Fan said:

I recently subscribed to Sportsnet World for the RL coverage. I cannot find the Million Pound game in their listings. I just sent them this email:

Hi,

I recently subscribed to Sportsnet World because of the Rugby league coverage. It's the only reason I am paying so much extra for this one channel. I've been generally pleased with the amount of coverage of both the RFL and the NRL, watching Super League and Qualifier matches, and the NRL playoff games the last few weeks.

I'm very surprised and disappointed not to see the Million Pound Game from the RFL Qualifiers on your schedule. This is perhaps the most compelling game of the season in my opinion, with Leigh playing Catalan with relegation to the Championship on the line for the loser. Are you really planning to ignore this game? It's hard to believe you would show weekly games from the Qualifiers that set up this contest, and then just skip it.

Please tell me that you were just waiting to see which teams wound up in this game to decide what time to broadcast it, or on which channel (I see that the NRL Grand Final is making its way to SN1, which is cool), and that I will soon see this appear on my schedule for the coming weekend!

If you are planning to just skip this crucial game, I'll have to reconsider whether my investment in Sportsnet World is really worth it. Up until now I have been a proponent of it in the online social media for the Toronto Wolfpack, encouraging others that I am happy I'm spending the money for this.

Thanks for your attention to this.

John Gross

Toronto Wolfpack season ticket holder and semi-obsessed Rugby league fan

Please speak up to Sportsnet (email feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com) if you would also like to watch this game (at my house if you don't subscribe).

Keep up the good fight.

I have already been down the route with emailing SportsNet, especially since they recently binned the SportNet World online service. That site had everything available on demand.

Archived