Toronto at home

millomite

I think because of the result the last time we played them, the fact they're a recognisable name and it's the challenge cup means a few will show up. A positive result at home to Featherstone the week before might bring a bit of hope. 

People will be hoping for a warm sunny day to try attract more fans but it's a bit of a catch 22. If it's a warm dry ground it severely affects our chances of winning as they'll probably be too quick and strong on a dry pitch but we might get a couple hundred more fans. A wet and miserable day levels the game out but puts a few people off going. 

If Toronto play full strength against us, they'll be adding Joe Westerman, Ashton Sims, Corey Paterson, Gareth O'Brien and Gary Wheeler too their side who would all cause us major problems. 

Agree bwa. I wanted Wolves at home but we are actually going to see a Super League team. Only a matter of time I know. Please, can we have some sunshine and I can leave my thermal socks at home?

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2018 at 8:12 AM, RSN said:

I think because of the result the last time we played them, the fact they're a recognisable name and it's the challenge cup means a few will show up. A positive result at home to Featherstone the week before might bring a bit of hope. 

People will be hoping for a warm sunny day to try attract more fans but it's a bit of a catch 22. If it's a warm dry ground it severely affects our chances of winning as they'll probably be too quick and strong on a dry pitch but we might get a couple hundred more fans. A wet and miserable day levels the game out but puts a few people off going. 

If Toronto play full strength against us, they'll be adding Joe Westerman, Ashton Sims, Corey Paterson, Gareth O'Brien and Gary Wheeler too their side who would all cause us major problems. 

OK ....OK....I've been paddling through the North...passed Greenland...passed Iceland...am approaching GB to be in time for the upcoming game on Saturday...worked very hard and lost alot of weight for this one...once I see  the coastline how do I get to Craven Park??????...... and what time is the game?...where is St Lukes fish and chips exactly??...do they sell Sushi?

Kayakman Out.

Hi Kman,

Pass Ireland on your right. Turn left after the Isle of Man. On your right you will see Blackpool Tower and a big bay in front of you -enter the bay and on your left you will see a ruined castle on a little island ( Piel). Keep to the   left of the castle and you will enter  Walney Channel. Go up the channel until you see a bridge. Park up any where there.

Head into town and Craven Park is just behind the massive white building that dominates the town. 

Call a taxi and ask for St Luke's Street where you will find the chippy. ( Shushi is not recommended but you should try the local delicacy meat and potato pie) Ask the driver to wait until you have been served.

Jump in the taxi and ask him to drive you to Manchester Airport. From there catch a plane to Toronto and you might just be in time for the game at Lampart Stadium.

A little tip, when you get there avoid the locals at all cost they are mad as a box of frogs.

Hope that helps

Banksy.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 hours ago, Bearman said:

Hi Kman,

Pass Ireland on your right. Turn left after the Isle of Man. On your right you will see Blackpool Tower and a big bay in front of you -enter the bay and on your left you will see a ruined castle on a little island ( Piel). Keep to the   left of the castle and you will enter  Walney Channel. Go up the channel until you see a bridge. Park up any where there.

Head into town and Craven Park is just behind the massive white building that dominates the town. 

Call a taxi and ask for St Luke's Street where you will find the chippy. ( Shushi is not recommended but you should try the local delicacy meat and potato pie) Ask the driver to wait until you have been served.

Jump in the taxi and ask him to drive you to Manchester Airport. From there catch a plane to Toronto and you might just be in time for the game at Lampart Stadium.

A little tip, when you get there avoid the locals at all cost they are mad as a box of frogs.

Hope that helps

Banksy.

This is turning into a much longer journey than I originally thought....I sure hope they publish a game day program so I can get the help and direction I so clearly need!  I will check.

Archived