Danny Bridge - disciplinary

Gisburn

I have known Danny since he was around 4 years of age, I knew him first of all through his brother Chris, then as Danny got older he was in the same class as my lad and I also had the pleasure of coaching him, I can’t remember Danny ever being sin binned as a junior never mind sent off and this is totally out of character for him, one thing that you could say about Danny is he probably has never been aggressive enough to play at SL has he has all the skill sets required. Personally think the ban was harsh looking at what others have received and expected him to be banned till the end of the season, would hope Oldham offer Danny a new contract as he his one of the few players we have who could play at a higher level. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I ask the following questions.

How long was left in the game ?

Did the referee get up and continue with the game ?

Was the player spoken to about the incident at the time ?

Reading all comments I agree with the 9 month ban as it does look bad but would say that it appears we have a player with a previous excellent disciplinary record not only at open age but at junior level who has held his hands up to the incident and is willing to take the punishment.He has also shown genuine remorse and has apologised to all concerned including the Oldham club and Supporters so I see no reason why after serving his time he should not come back to the game and I am sure he knows he let himself down most of all.

Archived