European Championship fixtures confirmed for Carcassonne, Dublin, Galashiels and Wrexham

On 7 September 2018 at 4:18 PM, Dave T said:

I can only assume that they got a cheap deal. But they have enjoyed a couple of solid crowds (larger than when they played in Edinburgh), and it is a nice old ground to visit. Shame it can't be a Saturday afternoon, but it's usually an enjoyable fixture.

Its my weekend off so I might pop down for that.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:05 PM, damp squib said:

I'm very disappointed that Ireland have relocated our home internationals from Bray to Morton Stadium.

Bray isn't the nicest town in the world but it has good pubs and restaurants, is by the sea and has a train station right next door with a frequent service to Dublin city centre. It's also a proper football ground albeit a little aged.

Morton Stadium is an athletics stadium with a running track, it's surrounded by an industrial estate and a retail park. It's difficult to access by public transport and there's nothing worthwhile to see in the area. Certainly not an away trip I'd recommend to anyone but fortunately it's near the airport so you can make a quick getaway.

It also must mean that the sponsorship deal with McGettigan's is finished since that was the reason for the move to Bray in the first place.

Most importantly for me it's turned a 20 minute cycle into a two hour trip with two bus changes ?

Thanks for selling it to me!

I'm coming over to the Ireland v France game on a day trip from Yorkshire .....was looking forward to it (.....actually still am ... love international RL!)

... let me know if there's an even half decent pub in the vicinty of the stadium

13 hours ago, XIII Ram said:

Thanks for selling it to me!

I'm coming over to the Ireland v France game on a day trip from Yorkshire .....was looking forward to it (.....actually still am ... love international RL!)

... let me know if there's an even half decent pub in the vicinty of the stadium

Sorry! I'm mostly just annoyed because Bray was really close to me!

My honest advice is if you're staying beyond the time of the match, even just an overnight, base yourself in the city centre and get the number 16 bus or a taxi out to Morton.

Archived