London Highfield v Australians 1933 Tour

I have just found this programme fixed in a scrapbook. It is otherwise id very good condition, although has score/ one team change noted to team pages. Played at White City

On the reverse is a London welsh RU programme with a number of autographs from 1948....

It's a shame as the programmes are firmly attached so you couldn't remove one without destroying the other, which is the ultimate dilemma.

Any thoughts on value...will post a picture later

It's the most common London Highfield prog and used to fetch £70 - £90. If it;s stuck on a page then the back cover is knackered so maybe £30-£40? I used to have a few London Highfield homes from White City, sold them for over £100 each.

• 2 weeks later...

Sold for £62 which has to be close to top end value given the condition , so pretty happy with that.

Interestingly on closer inspection I also found two pre war boxing programmes in the scrapbook but so far nowhere near the level of this one....although one just going up on ebay so you never know as it is a decider for a shot at the World Heavyweight title v max Schmelling.

Archived