Rhyse Martin

Glad to see Rhyse Martin has signed for Leeds, I think he's a player who's been messed around at the Dogs and didn't get a chance at the Roosters.

It seems to be the case with a few PNG players in the NRL, like the clubs didn't have faith in them, or is it something else? Whatever I think he and PNG players are in general are more suited to the game as it is played overhere.

One player I would particularly like to see in our game, tho' not from PNG is John Asiata, he seems to have all the skills as benefits someone who plays at Prop or stand-off! He would be a sensation over here as a old style loose forward but is probably out of the price range of SL?

On 30/06/2019 at 14:56, Clogiron said:

Glad to see Rhyse Martin has signed for Leeds, I think he's a player who's been messed around at the Dogs and didn't get a chance at the Roosters.

It seems to be the case with a few PNG players in the NRL, like the clubs didn't have faith in them, or is it something else? Whatever I think he and PNG players are in general are more suited to the game as it is played overhere.

One player I would particularly like to see in our game, tho' not from PNG is John Asiata, he seems to have all the skills as benefits someone who plays at Prop or stand-off! He would be a sensation over here as a old style loose forward but is probably out of the price range of SL?

How highly do you rate Martin and how well do you think he'l go in superleague? Cheers

13 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

How highly do you rate Martin and how well do you think he'l go in superleague? Cheers

I'm not saying he's 100%perfect or that he's a 80min player but given the right coaching and encouragement there's a very good player in there, he's also a fine goalkicker and has always looked the part when playing for PNG. I think he will suit the game overhere?

All the best Rhyse Martin,the Bulldogs wouldn`t know a good player if he bit them in the ######. Same with the Maori boy they got from the Panthers,he`s a top player,but Dean Pay thinks otherwise. I`ll give the latter till the end of the season,plenty of jobs in SuperLeague Deano.

Archived