Brown did the right thing

Nathan Brown just didn't like how things were at Knights for him. According to the senior players he asked them if they wanted him around and after due consideration they apparently said they did. I don't suppose this was unanimous but that wouldn't be in the real world would it, given how things had gone in the last couple of months.

Whether it was a sense that the club were looking around for his replacement, or the kind of results based contract he was on that undermined him, who knows other than Nathan?

It's hard for anyone to stick around in such a macho setting when you don't feel wanted.

Maybe the communication between him and Gardiner (CEO) were not clear enough or regular enough. Gardiner says it was Brown that made his mind up and told his coaches and then him that he was going and he could do no other than accept it.

I can see why Nathan Brown did what he did and resigned.

Gardiner may wish to  rethink how he operates with his head coach in future. Apparently he and others at the club will appoint a new head coach with due diligence.

Maybe the due diligence could have been used at least during the last couple of months when times have been tough for Brown and the players.

(There's still a mention in one or two reports that a player 'faction' contributed to his going.)

You may see it differently.

On 28/08/2019 at 23:21, Graham said:

Nathan Brown just didn't like how things were at Knights for him. According to the senior players he asked them if they wanted him around and after due consideration they apparently said they did. I don't suppose this was unanimous but that wouldn't be in the real world would it, given how things had gone in the last couple of months.

Whether it was a sense that the club were looking around for his replacement, or the kind of results based contract he was on that undermined him, who knows other than Nathan?

It's hard for anyone to stick around in such a macho setting when you don't feel wanted.

Maybe the communication between him and Gardiner (CEO) were not clear enough or regular enough. Gardiner says it was Brown that made his mind up and told his coaches and then him that he was going and he could do no other than accept it.

I can see why Nathan Brown did what he did and resigned.

Gardiner may wish to  rethink how he operates with his head coach in future. Apparently he and others at the club will appoint a new head coach with due diligence.

Maybe the due diligence could have been used at least during the last couple of months when times have been tough for Brown and the players.

(There's still a mention in one or two reports that a player 'faction' contributed to his going.)

You may see it differently.

I’ve never considered Nathan Brown to be a mentally strong leading coach.

in the last few years, he had an excuse, but, when expectations started to come, he crumbled.

Arguably, something that he has shown his entire coaching career.

Sad time. I think his last day as an NRL senior coach has been had.

Archived