Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kev p

Harry jepson 2000

Hopefully the Harry jepson trophy can involve all regional leagues ex “heartlands”, next season to help develop game. To make travelling easier, north east winner plays Scottish winners for semi place. East, wales, midlands, London, west & south west to sort other places. 

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point in the Harry Jepson this year given the Southern Conference League exists and aren't eligible. If it's meant to be the best non-heartlands club, it's somewhat devalued if 16 of the best non-heartlands teams aren't involved. Is this the first time there has been a 2nd Team in the final?

1 hour ago, London Drifter said:

Skolars won it in 2012 so they are technically a second team. 

Second team of a semi pro team is a bit different to second team of an amateur team in my eyes! And I say that with no disrespect to Wests.

Edited by Saint 1

Agree with Saint1 on this, I’m not sure the point of it anymore. I wonder if they could turn it into a Cup competition for all non Heartland clubs

A cup competition for all non heartland clubs is pretty much where it first started, however if it returned as a national, non heartland comp, early rounds would have to be regional, getting north east clubs to play south west clubs would be unlikely to get played. Setting fixed dates for cup rounds would have to be done with league fixtures working around them. Southern Conference teams should be included also. With southern Conference & regional premier leagues, there would be roughly 40-50 teams. So 2 early season regional rounds would bring the comp to 16 teams for a national 3rd round. 

9 hours ago, kev p said:

A cup competition for all non heartland clubs is pretty much where it first started, however if it returned as a national, non heartland comp, early rounds would have to be regional, getting north east clubs to play south west clubs would be unlikely to get played. Setting fixed dates for cup rounds would have to be done with league fixtures working around them. Southern Conference teams should be included also. With southern Conference & regional premier leagues, there would be roughly 40-50 teams. So 2 early season regional rounds would bring the comp to 16 teams for a national 3rd round. 

That’s along the lines of what I was thinking. Would be good to see