Adrian Scott(Ade)

RogerT

How sad it was to learn yesterday morning about the death of Ade one of the quieter but loyal supporter of Batley Bulldogs, if not in a sponsors box he could be found up in the Ron Earnshaw lounge.

He was tragically killed Saturday late afternoon leaving Wetherby Racecourse amongst friends.

He was a very close neighbour of mine, 4 doors away and yes I have wobbled home with him after some matches, it won't be the same next season.

Adrian was a proper Gentleman... a sad loss...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

• 4 weeks later...

for all those that knew Adrian

funeral tomorrow at Brownhill St Saviours 12.15 pm

followed by drinks at Birstall Nash

adrian scott 1a.jpg

adrian scott 4.jpg

adrian scott 3.jpg

Adrian Scott 1.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I have never seen a church as full, even standing room only down in the school room and service relayed down there, and it's the first time I have heard clapping at a funeral.

Afterwards the Nash was full and the crowd spilled over into the Old Wine and Spirits Vault.

That is what I call a right good send off.

Archived