Sign in to follow this  
Total Rugby League

Top referee stood down by RFL following suspension

6 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

It’s a cess pit and best kept away from.

Having looked at some of the comments on there I have to agree.

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

Completely unnecessary and looks like an idiot probably sums it up

Silverwood has taken an opportunity to stick the boot in and obviously hss a personal issue with Ben thaler.

He has not covered himself in glory with his social media activity last night. It makes himself look bitter and a bit daft 

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Silverwood has taken an opportunity to stick the boot in and obviously hss a personal issue with Ben thaler.

He has not covered himself in glory with his social media activity last night. It makes himself look bitter and a bit daft 

The bloke is an idiot and I would add very before bitter and lose the “bit” before daft 

Edited by LeeF
  • Like 1

It’s funny because Silverwood’s previous tweet was one showing support for the deceased Caroline Flack and how people should be kind, a message I’m sure all will agree with. He then proceeds to go completely against that in his tweets about Thaler. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

This is the tweet that Silverwood put out -

The tweet before this was:

As @Hela Wigmen pointed out - It is quite ironic really!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Click said:

Not really. Not saying his tweet wasn't inappropriate but the two are not related. He isn't giving Thaler any abuse or making comment on his innocence/guilt. 

People have got to stop rolling out this 'Flack' business every time someone says anything they don't like as it is getting a bit boring now.

2 hours ago, Click said:

Not ironic but more showing himself up 

1 hour ago, LR23 said:

Not really. Not saying his tweet wasn't inappropriate but the two are not related. He isn't giving Thaler any abuse or making comment on his innocence/guilt. 

People have got to stop rolling out this 'Flack' business every time someone says anything they don't like as it is getting a bit boring now.

He was trying to create a "pile on" Thaler because of his own "grudge"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LeeF said:

He was trying to create a "pile on" Thaler because of his own "grudge"

If you say so. I don’t think he thought it through that much myself. 

20 minutes ago, LR23 said:

The only reason people post things on Twitter is because they want other peiople to read it.

Silverwood could have just kept his words to himself, he didn't because he wanted the interested world to read them.  Bitter, attention seeking idiot is where I would file it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Wow Richard Silverwood isn’t holding back! 

Some of the replies he’s written are pretty scathing too. Clearly a lot of history there.

If Ben Thaler has posted some comments about Richared Silverood then why ?

Surely he should also have kept quiet while the investigation is ongoing.

Edited by RL does what Sky says

18 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

The only reason people post things on Twitter is because they want other peiople to read it.

Silverwood could have just kept his words to himself, he didn't because he wanted the interested world to read them.  Bitter, attention seeking idiot is where I would file it.

I'm not defending him - I'm just getting a bit tired of people using tenuous reasons to quote people's tweets back at them for a 'gotcha' moment. It was fair enough for the people who abused Flack and then feigned sympathy and said we should all be nice to each other but it is getting silly now.

Back onto the topic at hand - he doesn't seem the most intelligent bloke. I mean who manages to get suspended for three entirely different reasons? Thaler always seemed a bit aloof so it's no surprise he's rubbed some people up the wrong way.

46 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Thaler hasn't posted anything about Silverwood

Thaler has kept quiet whereas Silverwood has shown his true colours

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LR23 said:

I do say so and it was a deliberate act. 

1 hour ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Did you not read any of the conversation before commenting? 

Silverwood has embarrassed himself in this, for no obvious reason other than bitterness at the termination of his career.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

Thaler hasn't posted anything about Silverwood

Thaler has kept quiet whereas Silverwood has shown his true colours

I did say "if" he had posted them...and only going off what Silverwoodd himself has said as follows ...

" .....then I get statements through post and good old Ben has proper stuck the knife in me".

Therefore, either Thaler hasn't said anything and Silverwood is lying or Thaler has and, if so, shouldn't have.

1 minute ago, RL does what Sky says said:

I did say "if" he had posted them...and only going off what Silverwoodd himself has said as follows ...

" .....then I get statements through post and good old Ben has proper stuck the knife in me".

Therefore, either Thaler hasn't said anything and Silverwood is lying or Thaler has and, if so, shouldn't have.

Even Silverwood has stated Thaler didn’t say anything

Thaler hasn’t said a thing

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Did you not read any of the conversation before commenting? 

Silverwood has embarrassed himself in this, for no obvious reason other than bitterness at the termination of his career.

Yes I did and did you not read when I said "IF Ben Thaler has posted some comments ...." ?

Silverwood said " .....then I get statements through post and good old Ben has proper stuck the knife in me".

So either he is he lying about Thaler making comments or not ?

3 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Last night Silverwood placed the above mentioned tweet on twatter alledging thet when he was suspended from the RFL he was telephoned by Thaler asking if he was ok only to find later that Thaler had made statements against him to the RFL.

There were many replies to Silverwood's tweet on twatter and again when it was uploaded onto Facebook.

Ben Thaler has NOT made any replies to Silverwoods tweet or to the post on Facebook 

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

Last night Silverwood placed the above mentioned tweet on twatter alledging thet when he was suspended from the RFL he was telephoned by Thaler asking if he was ok only to find later that Thaler had made statements against him to the RFL.

There were many replies to Silverwood's tweet on twatter and again when it was uploaded onto Facebook.

Ben Thaler has NOT made any replies to Silverwoods tweet or to the post on Facebook 

I'm not on facebook or twitter so wouldn't know.

21 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Yes I did and did you not read when I said "IF Ben Thaler has posted some comments ...." ?

Silverwood said " .....then I get statements through post and good old Ben has proper stuck the knife in me".

So either he is he lying about Thaler making comments or not ?

I think you've misunderstood what Silverwood meant by statements. He doesn't mean online statements, he means statements in the investigation of Silverwood to the RFL (I'm guessing private statements not complimentary of Silverwood that will have gone against him).

That's what he means by "sticking the knife in". Pleasant to his face, asking if he's ok; but making statements behind closed doors.

• Like 3

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

16 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I think you've misunderstood what Silverwood meant by statements. He doesn't mean online statements, he means statements in the investigation of Silverwood to the RFL (I'm guessing private statements not complimentary of Silverwood that will have gone against him).

That's what he means by "sticking the knife in". Pleasant to his face, asking if he's ok; but making statements behind closed doors.

OK... which proves as I have stated many previous times "the written word is not always the best to communicate with".

The way I read the statement attributed to Silverwood was that he meant Thaler had just recently made comments about Silverwood since Thaler's current suspension.

4 hours ago, LR23 said:

Back onto the topic at hand - he doesn't seem the most intelligent bloke. I mean who manages to get suspended for three entirely different reasons? Thaler always seemed a bit aloof so it's no surprise he's rubbed some people up the wrong way.

It’s a competitive environment. There’s only a few of them and they all competing for big games and finals and at the end of the day when you get a group of lads together someone will do something stupid. It happens with officials in all sports

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

yep, but just to add... if giving statements/comment to an investigation, in this case the RFL I would assume he has to speak honestly, the RFL would expect so and if not would be liable himself to a charge.

...is  he [Silverwood] suggesting that Thaler should have not been honest, i.e. lied in giving evidence. 

Too be honest I think the RFL should ask Silverwood to attend another hearing for his recent tweet.