SOO 1 and Kevin Walters

3 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Question... had Kevvie still been Qld's coach, would they have won today? 

For me, it's a deafening NO. I think he'll be found out next season at the Broncos. 

No question about it. Bennett won that game for Queensland.

I don't rate Fittler much either, he's also poor

13 hours ago, DoubleD said:

No question about it. Bennett won that game for Queensland.

I don't rate Fittler much either, he's also poor

Fittler is better than that boof head Johns, every prediction , with associated article, he makes in the Herald every week is invariably wrong. Funny in yesterdays paper he said that Paulo and Cook would be Qlds undoing and in the first half I though he actually had called one right for once. 

Fittler is a meat and potatoes kind of bloke, he just doesn`t have that X-factor that a good coach has. He`s a good face for the game relatively intelligent and personable but as I said he lacks that bit of incisiveness in his thinking of a really top line coach. I thought when Bennett bought on Hunt, and kept his halves and Friend on , at the same time Fittler bought Haas on yesterday was telling, so starkly different in their tactics, the move proved to be quite telling.

Origin is a funny one as well, like Mal with Qld, the team he had could probably coach itself and quite easily come up with their own game plan, Thurston, Smith, Cronk.....Mal was there to motivate them and create the right atmosphere. It must be such a pleasure to have so many smart football brains in the same team. I feel Qld may have a little edge on NSW last night as well with DEC, Friend, Hunt and Munster in that department.

Archived