Jump to content

Salford fined for failing to fulfil a fixture


Recommended Posts


17 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Did Toronto still owe Salford money for the O'Brien transfer, or was that settled?

Just asking.

no idea.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Scotchy1 said:

Don't post at 3am kids

I live in America so I was in bed at 3am, but thanks for the advice. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It was only 3, we kept taking the 2 actually. 

That says several  things you  had little confidence even when't committee were commited to you and the virtual ref was one of a small number of candidates and clearly  bent.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

That says several  things you  had little confidence even when't committee were commited to you and the virtual ref was one of a small number of candidates and clearly  bent.

Even with a fictitious game you are arguing against the penalties 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Even with a fictitious game you are arguing against the penalties 😜

Not me even in a virtual game my team will come back at you, they have to play you and the ref and in case you haven't noticed the whistle's not gone yet!

Sorry morning Prof T I hope you're well.

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 1

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Even with a fictitious game you are arguing against the penalties 😜

My fellow SRD fan Oxford is much more imaginative than that. He is actually disappointed that you didn't take the dg when it was 0-0.

 

Sorry Spidey. Only just spotted your dg reference.

Edited by tonyXIII
  • Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Oxford said:

And this is what people, especially those with an axe to grind, like to ignore.

The truth is this year, of all years, the RFL doesn't need to act like it's got something stuck up its bum.

I forgot to mention they'll be along in a  minute.

To be clear. The rule is there.  It is a question of the appropriate penalty to apply .

I am out of this one.  Some comments are pathetic and one eyed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

To be clear. The rule is there.  It is a question of the appropriate penalty to apply .

I am out of this one.  Some comments are pathetic and one eyed.

So you had your say and you're out of here, fair enough.

We all know the rule is there but it's not a good when except when things are normal. It is not there to put players at risk and although they have shipped the work involved onto RLcares.

"The RFL continues to drive and set the Welfare Policy."

that either means looking after players or it doesn't. If this is not the case they need to stop wasting money on RLcares.

https://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/welfare/player_welfare_policy_and_standards

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

We are talking about a different issue here.  

Oh that's handy.

Particularly as it was a source of outrage when Toronto didn't pay people. Yet now it can be casually tossed aside. Nice selection.

And the issue is that Salford fans claim they are badly done to - but no concerns about the people they treat badly.

Edited by Johnoco
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

My fellow SRD fan Oxford

I thought you were about to accuse me of being a virtual SRD fan for a moment then.

Do you have a view on the fine Tony? I've honestly never seen the Salford fans as angry even though they sort of expect this kind of thing from the RFL to be some kind of bianual  event!

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I thought you were about to accuse me of being a virtual SRD fan for a moment then.

Do you have a view on the fine Tony? I've honestly never seen the Salford fans as angry even though they sort of expect this kind of thing from the RFL to be some kind of bianual  event!

 

I believe that Ian Blease and Paul King are quite sanguine about the fine. If that is so, then I'm not going to rise to the bait of those on here who love to pile in on an anti-Salford story.

AFAIK, the main losers are the Council and Peel Holdings, who still own the stadium and need a tenant whatever, Marwan Koucash, who has gone on record as saying he doesn't want his money back, John Wilkinson, for whom I do feel some sympathy, and, finally, a number of small creditors for whom I do feel sorry, but can do nothing about. But, hey! Check out the headline! Nasty Salford! That's all some people care about. If it makes them feel good, let them fill their boots.

Sorry, I almost forgot. The fine could have been worse and could have been a whole lot better, so I don't really have a view on it.

Edited by tonyXIII

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

I believe that Ian Blease and Paul King are quite sanguine about the fine. If that is so, then I'm not going to rise to the bait of those on here who love to pile in on an anti-Salford story.

AFAIK, the main losers are the Council and Peel Holdings, who still own the stadium and need a tenant whatever, Marwan Koucash, who has gone on record as saying he doesn't want his money back, John Wilkinson, for whom I do feel some sympathy, and, finally, a number of small creditors for whom I do feel sorry, but can do nothing about. But, hey! Check out the headline! Nasty Salford! That's all some people care about. If it makes them feel good, let them fill their boots.

You honestly think people give Salford a hard time? That people shouldn’t comment about them leaving people in the lurch financially? What was the figure they didn’t pay back again? I’ve never slagged off Salford in all my time on here, it’s not some sort of persecution to raise awkward issues.
As for the people they didn’t pay the money back to...hey! Right? Who gives a damn.

To put the tin lid on it, this was a few days after they had a say in whether another club were fit for purpose. You honestly couldn’t make it up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

You honestly think people give Salford a hard time? That people shouldn’t comment about them leaving people in the lurch financially? What was the figure they didn’t pay back again? I’ve never slagged off Salford in all my time on here, it’s not some sort of persecution to raise awkward issues.
As for the people they didn’t pay the money back to...hey! Right? Who gives a damn.

To put the tin lid on it, this was a few days after they had a say in whether another club were fit for purpose. You honestly couldn’t make it up. 

Oh, but you do.

  • Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

I believe that Ian Blease and Paul King are quite sanguine about the fine. If that is so, then I'm not going to rise to the bait of those on here who love to pile in on an anti-Salford story.

AFAIK, the main losers are the Council and Peel Holdings, who still own the stadium and need a tenant whatever, Marwan Koucash, who has gone on record as saying he doesn't want his money back, John Wilkinson, for whom I do feel some sympathy, and, finally, a number of small creditors for whom I do feel sorry, but can do nothing about. But, hey! Check out the headline! Nasty Salford! That's all some people care about. If it makes them feel good, let them fill their boots.

Sorry, I almost forgot. The fine could have been worse and could have been a whole lot better, so I don't really have a view on it.

I did know who  the main creditors were, and how good MK had been about his bit. I like your style about this, I wasn't too bothered until some posts on here, maybe we're just too used to stuff like this.

Thanks for replying tony, keep well have a good one this holiday.

  • Thanks 1

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...