Pre Season Trials Games

Parramatta dominated their trial against the Dragons 28-6 with some of their rookie backs showing plenty of promise while veteran playmakers Will Smith and Jordan Rankin controlled proceedings expertly.

There was a smattering of NRL talent on show for both sides with the Eels running out most of their new recruits in Keegan Hipgrave, Isaiah Papali'i, Tom Opacic and Michael Oldfield, with the first three very impressive but Oldfield leaving the field early with an injury.

Storm’s away kit not officially announced yet.

They wore this in their trial game v Knights today:

bhCVhxo.jpg

Grant was injured in the game and could be out for a month...

A knee injury to Harry Grant has soured Melbourne Storm's 30-10 pre-season triumph over the Knights at Albury Sports Ground on Saturday evening.

Grant limped off early in the second half of the Storm's impressive showing and was seen sporting a knee brace in the sheds following the match.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy revealed Grant has suffered a medial ligament injury and was likely to be sidelined for up to a month, with scans on Monday to determine the severity of the injury.

The Charity Shield - where do I start. Normally  I am not in the UK at this time of year so to my recollection the only time SKY ever showed the Charity Shield before was 2002 when Souths wewre readmitted to the NRL

The big Blow out In Mudgee, Souths getting seven tries before the half then changing thev whole side for the second half and winning that points wise as well. What a rabble the Dragons looked like, even with the first graders left on the field for the second half effectively in garbage time. As Ben Hunt put it to Hannah Hollis play like thta and SGI will be spending a lot of time under he sticks.

The two bright spots that sparked a mini SGI revival In 2020 were James Dufty and Zak Lomax who were well and truly out of this game because of the defensive shambles. Its not that SGI do not have strike weapons such as Mikale Ravalawa

Latrell Mitchell fit ? ..he lookslike  he needs to lose a little timber,  Craig Bellamy will target him in round 1 and he will be blowing by the time you get to 60 mins in the game.

Souths to win the Grand Final -  heard it all before from certain parties,we will see in Round one how long this lasts...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

The Charity Shield - where do I start. Normally  I am not in the UK at this time oif year so to my recollection the only time SKY ever showed the Charity Shield before was 2002 when Souths wewre readmitted to the NRL

The big Blow out In Mudgee, Souths getting seven tries before the half then changing thev whole side for the second half and winning that points wise as well. What a rabble the Dragons looked like, even with the first graders left on the field for the second half effectively in garbage time. As Ben Hunt put it to Hannah Hollis play like thta and SGI will be spending a lot of time under he sticks.

The two bright spots that sparked a mini SGI revival In 2020 were James Dufty and Zak Lomax who were well and truly out of this game because of the defensive shambles. Its not that SGI do not have strike weapons such as Mikale Ravalawa

Latrell Mitchell fit ? ..he lookslike  he needs to lose a little timber,  Craig Bellamy will target him in round 1 and he will be blowing by the time you get to 60 mins in the game.

Souths to win the Grand Final -  heard it all before from certain parties,we will se in Round one hjao wlong this lasts...

They are highly placed in the betting, but I guess that’s because they have a lot of fans who have placed the bets and shortened their odds to a position they will be lucky to match in reality.

3 hours ago, Graham said:

They are highly placed in the betting, but I guess that’s because they have a lot of fans who have placed the bets and shortened their odds to a position they will be lucky to match in reality.

The odds down under are different than those in the UK but as alwats at this point in time reflect last season not this season

https://bettingsite.com.au/nrl/grand-final/

I mean Penny Panthers without Josh Mansour ?

Melbourne Storm without Cameron White ?

Canterbury seem to have turned the corner under Trent Barrett and I would favour SGI for the spoon on what I saw today.

Canberra the dark house for me

The problem with betting this far out is there are a lot of intangibles, Paramatta Eels are a case in point, started off like the XPT train only to look like a sydney suburban service come the finals. It not winning the majority of games that counts as much as winning the games that matter.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived