Mon 13 Jun: Ch: Leigh Centurions v Featherstone Rovers KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/06/22 at 19:15

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Back to the game. I didn't see it, nor did I listen to it. Does anyone who did, have a genuinely independent view of the game,  one that looks at the game, not the ref, not the presentation or commentary, in addition the the League Express coverage?

In simple terms, Leigh discovered at the end of the first half at Spurs that going more direct up the belly of Fev was having a big impact and this continued into Monday's game. Fev look really unbalanced as a squad and Leigh can soften them up middle and get them on the edges at the moment. That was the story of Monday's game.

They play at Summer Bash and Fev need to come up with a plan to stop Leigh's go forward. Easier said than done.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Michael Bates said:

Nail on the head Rob regarding signings. I'd argue that only Kheirallah, Briscoe and Jacks are improvements on what we had last year.

Jones has played well in the centre when needed to but not picking Hall was an odd one. Ford has offered nothing since he signed.

Although, in defence of having all those pivots on the field our middles injury list is Lockwood, Bussey, JSL, Cuthbertson, Kopczak (as of last night), Hepi (as of last night). I think the last 20 minutes was pretty much if you can move you're on the field.

I'd agree on those 3, although as an outsider looking in it's baffling to see Kheirallah limping through the past 4/5 games with Pickersgill being sent out on loan(and went off injured at Bradford). Seems like the squad management could be a lot better from McDermott who seems to be just going for his preferred players regardless of any knocks or niggles they are carrying. Could be a big risk come the business end of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

In simple terms, Leigh discovered at the end of the first half at Spurs that going more direct up the belly of Fev was having a big impact and this continued into Monday's game. Fev look really unbalanced as a squad and Leigh can soften them up middle and get them on the edges at the moment. That was the story of Monday's game.

They play at Summer Bash and Fev need to come up with a plan to stop Leigh's go forward. Easier said than done.

To be honest, i think that's been very much the game plan all season from Lam, it's just that some teams have taken longer to breakdown than others. The philosophy has been defence and big carries down the middle, with more offloads and off the cuff play as the opposition tires. 

A big factor in our loss in round 2 for me was that our pack didn't have the conditioning in them(or the additional recruits) to have the same impact. In round 2 Sidlow was injured the week prior and didn't play, Chris Green broke his arm in the first set and Amone/Asiata both only arrived very late into preseason so were unfit and facing extended stints. 

Just about to watch it replayed on Freesports in 50 minutes , channel 422 

And we have 

Speedway from Sweden's version of Odsal 😂

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

To be honest, i think that's been very much the game plan all season from Lam, it's just that some teams have taken longer to breakdown than others. The philosophy has been defence and big carries down the middle, with more offloads and off the cuff play as the opposition tires. 

A big factor in our loss in round 2 for me was that our pack didn't have the conditioning in them(or the additional recruits) to have the same impact. In round 2 Sidlow was injured the week prior and didn't play, Chris Green broke his arm in the first set and Amone/Asiata both only arrived very late into preseason so were unfit and facing extended stints. 

Plus they'd never seen mud before 

• Haha 2

On 14/06/2022 at 15:57, JohnM said:

Back to the game. I didn't see it, nor did I listen to it. Does anyone who did, have a genuinely independent view of the game,  one that looks at the game, not the ref, not the presentation or commentary, in addition the the League Express coverage?

I watched it as a neutral, Batley Fan.

I thought it was more even than the score suggested and Leigh were only 6 ahead after half time. For me there were 2 main differences. One that Leigh were more physical and aggressive in the tackle,  and made some big hits which wore down Featherstone.

Second, Leigh were far more clinical than Featherstone who missed a lot of chances. However, I felt this was due to the players not being good enough to take them against better players than they are used to. The backs who looked great against Bradford looked very ordinary against Leigh.

Ferguson was terrific and clearly could play in Super League. The 2 hookers for Leigh are also very sharp.

I thought the game was excellent and far better than the super league game on Saturday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3