Jordan Andrade

clifford

According to the reports he has been sacked for turning up to training for being hung over.

He said that he told the staff it was a family do.

Having been off twitter and not having a Facebook account I am unsure if this has been reported on.

It's not that long ago that a small glass was prescribed pre match.

I feel for the lad

On 22/08/2022 at 18:00, clifford said:

According to the reports he has been sacked for turning up to training for being hung over.

He said that he told the staff it was a family do.

Having been off twitter and not having a Facebook account I am unsure if this has been reported on.

It's not that long ago that a small glass was prescribed pre match.

I feel for the lad

From LoveRugby League

Jamaica international forward Jordan Andrade has expressed his disappointment after Oldham terminated his contract.

The Roughyeds tweeted that they had parted ways with Andrade due to gross misconduct.

They added they would make no further comment.

Replying to their tweet announcing the news, Andrade said: “Contract terminated after been hungover on a Saturday morning after a family celebration, I’m a part time rugby player with two young children.

“I have tried my best all season just to get chucked out like that and to then tweet this I am honestly gutted but nothing surprises me.

“I held my hands up and apologised for a poor choice but wasn’t enough sorry.”

Andrade has made 11 appearances for Oldham this season, but has only featured once since the end of June.

He has won three caps for Jamaica.

The forward has previously had spells with Hunslet, Dewsbury, Bradford, North Wales, Oxford and Gloucestershire All Golds.

From Yorkshire Live

A rugby league player has responded after he was sacked for being hungover. Jordan Andrade had his contract terminated by Oldham due to gross misconduct.

The Roughyeds released a statement confirming the Jamaica international had been dismissed for gross misconduct. However, replying on Twitter, Andrade clarified the matter and expressed his disappointment at the decision.

"Contract terminated after been hungover on a Saturday morning after a family celebration," he said. "I’m a part time rugby player with two young children.

“I have tried my best all season just to get chucked out like that and to then tweet this I am honestly gutted but nothing surprises me. I held my hands up and apologised for a poor choice but wasn’t enough sorry.”

Andrade, who has previously played for clubs such as Bradford Bulls and Dewsbury Rams, has made eleven appearances for the club but hasn't featured since their defeat to Rochdale Hornets in July.

The club statement read: “Oldham RLFC can confirm that it has terminated the contract of Jordan Andrade, with immediate effect, due to gross misconduct. The club will make no further comment on this matter as we concentrate on the remaining three games of the league season.”

Oldham are currently seventh in League 1 having won six of their 17 games so far this season.

Archived