2023 squad

thunder pete

Rumoured on this board. Second post down and discussed afterwards (link below), that Mitch Clark has also moved on from Thunder and signed for Baroudeurs de Pia XIII in the french elite league, for 2023.

Anyone heard anything? It seems that the news of a move to Baroudeurs de Pia XIII was supposed to have broken on 24th October, but Thunder announced his retention on 2nd November, so not sure which one is correct.

Edited by RunningRugbyRL

25 minutes ago, RunningRugbyRL said:

Rumoured on this board. Second post down and discussed afterwards (link below), that Mitch Clark has also moved on from Thunder and signed for Baroudeurs de Pia XIII in the french elite league, for 2023.

I posted this having seen it on Rugby League Live (who are usually quite reliable), it's also on his Wikipedia page FWIW which I know isn't much. However, as far as I can tell he hasn't played for Pia in any of their first 5 or 6 games so maybe the report was wrong and he's still at Newcastle

here's the link to the original story
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/dean-whare-mitch-clark-pia-25342070

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I posted this having seen it on Rugby League Live (who are usually quite reliable), it's also on his Wikipedia page FWIW which I know isn't much. However, as far as I can tell he hasn't played for Pia in any of their first 5 or 6 games so maybe the report was wrong and he's still at Newcastle

here's the link to the original story
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/dean-whare-mitch-clark-pia-25342070

Not heard anything or seen anything on the Mitch Clark rumour other than on here. As with anyone if a full time offer came in you couldn't blame them.

Think we'll still see some announcements about signings.

Announced on Thunder's twitter page, that Isaac Nokes has signed to play for Ipswich Jets in Australia for 2023. Really good opportunity for him and one you cannot blame him for taking. Good luck to the lad.

Now we need to start announcing incomings ourselves, as we are currently lacking in key. We have no centres announced for next year, no stand off and no hooker. Hope Thorman and his team have the players in and are just waiting to announce them.

2 hours ago, RunningRugbyRL said:

Announced on Thunder's twitter page, that Isaac Nokes has signed to play for Ipswich Jets in Australia for 2023. Really good opportunity for him and one you cannot blame him for taking. Good luck to the lad.

Now we need to start announcing incomings ourselves, as we are currently lacking in key. We have no centres announced for next year, no stand off and no hooker. Hope Thorman and his team have the players in and are just waiting to announce them.

Hopefully there are players lined up. We will have had to go back to the market for a replacement for Shorrocks so that's probably put a spanner in the works.

Really good move for Noakes to go and experience something completely different.

On 22/11/2022 at 19:30, Phil W said:

Not heard anything or seen anything on the Mitch Clark rumour other than on here. As with anyone if a full time offer came in you couldn't blame them.

Think we'll still see some announcements about signings.

He was at training last week, so think that's an old rumour. 5 or 6 academy lads training with the first team, we do look light in numbers unless we sign/loan/dual reg soon.

3 hours ago, thunder pete said:

Forward Robert Tuliatu  has signed. That makes 22, including loanees. I think.

Spotted a few a weeks ago in training photos. Forwards look decent really need to sort out Centres and a half-back. I hear that in training Nathan Clemitt been acting as a centre

2 hours ago, thunder pete said:

And utility back Marcus Walker signs from Hull FC via Whitehaven.

I have counted 22.

Going through announcements I have -

Fullback - Craig Mullen, Alex Donaghy
Wing - Jack Johnson, Gideon Boafo, Alex Clegg, Alex Young
Centre - Marcus Walker
Stand Off - Connor Bailey
Halfback - Nikau Williams
Prop - Jake Lightowler, Ted Chapelhow, Jay Chapelhow, Mitch Clark, Jake Anderson, Daniel Okoro (loan), Connor Moore (loan), Robert Tuliatu
Hooker - Curtis Davies
Second Row - Alex Foster, Brad Gallagher, Rhys Clarke, Nathan Clemmitt
Loose Forward - 

Have I missed anyone?

Edited by RunningRugbyRL

4 hours ago, RunningRugbyRL said:

I have counted 22.

Going through announcements I have -

Fullback - Craig Mullen, Alex Donaghy
Wing - Jack Johnson, Gideon Boafo, Alex Clegg, Alex Young
Centre - Marcus Walker
Stand Off - Connor Bailey
Halfback - Nikau Williams
Prop - Jake Lightowler, Ted Chapelhow, Jay Chapelhow, Mitch Clark, Jake Anderson, Daniel Okoro (loan), Connor Moore (loan), Robert Tuliatu
Hooker - Curtis Davies
Second Row - Alex Foster, Brad Gallagher, Rhys Clarke, Nathan Clemmitt
Loose Forward - 

Have I missed anyone?

No, you're right, Running. I think I've counted the loanees twice. I never said I could count.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...