Oldham v Wigan Academy

eclecticsheep

What a wonderfully entertaining game of Rugby League that was today....Most enjoyable so far...The young guns of Wigan were a pleasure to watch, enthusiastic, full on committed, lots of talent on show and I started to think that we were going to be second best, and in the first half , at times we were....but the second half the game plan changed the experience shone through and a Ridyard masterclass of kicking plus some superb work by the right hand side offence and Oldham were out of sight...It looked fiercely contested and those young Wigan Lads didnt drop off or give an inch 4 man tackles full on ball returns it was a test indeed for the Roughyeds team as a whole for the game flowed as the young Lady ref had what I consider a fine game ( It may have been her debut) I have to say it but a day like today whets my appetite for all thats good about RL was on show.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/02/12/valiant-warriors-lose-to-roughyeds/

Wigan Academy 22  Oldham RLFC 40

Edited by eclecticsheep
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, eclecticsheep said:

What a wonderfully entertaining game of Rugby League that was today....Most enjoyable so far...The young guns of Wigan were a pleasure to watch, enthusiastic, full on committed, lots of talent on show and I started to think that we were going to be second best, and in the first half , at times we were....but the second half the game plan changed the experience shone through and a Ridyard masterclass of kicking plus some superb work by the right hand side offence and Oldham were out of sight...It looked fiercely contested and those young Wigan Lads didnt drop off or give an inch 4 man tackles full on ball returns it was a test indeed for the Roughyeds team as a whole for the game flowed as the young Lady ref had what I consider a fine game ( It may have been her debut) I have to say it but a day like today whets my appetite for all thats good about RL was on show.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/02/12/valiant-warriors-lose-to-roughyeds/

Wigan Academy 22  Oldham RLFC 40

Sounds fantastic. Well done to all