Raiders IMG Score

raiders_1875

With IMG releasing a more detailed breakdown of how the grading will be scored across the 5 areas of Fandom, Performance, Stadium, Finance & Community, had an attempt at what we may score come the preliminary grading at the end of the current season.

Fandom - 5 Available, Total 2.625

• Attendance >1.5k = 1.5
  • Viewership <150k = 0.75 (Guesswork)
  • Digital: = 0.375
  • Following across Instagram & Facebook total 34.5k = 0.05
  • Total Engagements & Website Visits assumed lowest possible total = 0.2+0.125, potential for more points.

Finance - 4.5 Available, Total 1.4

• No access to the clubs books so all scores the lowest possible = 1.4
  • Non-Centralised Turnover = 0.5 of 2.25
  • % of Turnover Non-Centralised = 0.15 of 0.75
  • Adjusted Profit = 0.25 of 0.5
  • Balance Sheet Strength = 0.25 of 0.5
  • Owner Investment = 0.25 of 0.5

Performance - 5 Available, Total 1.55

• League Finish - 1.55 of 4 based on league positions.
  • No bonus points for winning any comps (unless we somehow win the Championship this season....)

Stadium - 3 Available, Total 1.375

• Facilities - Doesn't meet all 9 Criteria = 0.5 of 1.5
  • Utilisation - Depends on the submitted capacity, hopeful wishing maybe half of capacity = 0.5 from 1
  • Primacy of Tenure - Own our ground, max points = 0.25 of 0.25
  • LED Boards - 0 of 0.125
  • Big Screen - If the current one meets the standards set = 0.125 of 0.125

Community - 2.5 Available, Total 0.75

• Catchment - Based on 67k in Barrow, may change with the latest council shuffle = 0.5 of 1.5
  • Foundation - Based on foundation turnover, worst case scenario is <£50k = 0.25 of 1.

Leaves a total score of 'potentially' 7.7 which would make us Cat B.

img.png

• Like 1

I have a meeting with the CEO to go through our potential score in a couple of weeks time. I'm also interested to see what we score. What I will tell you is that last year we were the highest graded Championship club for digital engagement. 

• Like 1
BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

11 hours ago, the man said:

I have a meeting with the CEO to go through our potential score in a couple of weeks time. I'm also interested to see what we score. What I will tell you is that last year we were the highest graded Championship club for digital engagement. 

There's some extra points then! 😆

12 hours ago, the man said:

Steve, does our score influence which league we will be playing in ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, the man said:

Thats great but won't be that beneficial if we're in league 1. I haven't seen a Q&A go in the diary like the football do mid season which would be helpful so can you help with a few questions I have;

1. Why let carter go to haven permanently and not on loan with a recall option? 

2. Understand Iaria wanting to go home but surely the club should have said when a replacement was found?

3. We've let Hopkins and to a lesser extend Dawson leave now we have no forwards left.

4. Why is getting replacement forwards so difficult we have seen plenty of french based players sign for English clubs how much did we explore that avenue? We have a bigger gate than our relegation rivals and by the looks of it are far more commercially aware than others why can't we attract the players to us? 

5. I'm sure like me are struggling to work out why the recruitment hasn't worked but I think the retainment of certain players has to be questioned (brooks springs to mind as do a few others)

Just a few question,

Thanks

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Raider91 said:

Thats great but won't be that beneficial if we're in league 1. I haven't seen a Q&A go in the diary like the football do mid season which would be helpful so can you help with a few questions I have;

1. Why let carter go to haven permanently and not on loan with a recall option? 

2. Understand Iaria wanting to go home but surely the club should have said when a replacement was found?

3. We've let Hopkins and to a lesser extend Dawson leave now we have no forwards left.

4. Why is getting replacement forwards so difficult we have seen plenty of french based players sign for English clubs how much did we explore that avenue? We have a bigger gate than our relegation rivals and by the looks of it are far more commercially aware than others why can't we attract the players to us? 

5. I'm sure like me are struggling to work out why the recruitment hasn't worked but I think the retainment of certain players has to be questioned (brooks springs to mind as do a few others)

Just a few question,

Thanks

A mid season Q&A would be brilliant.  Could this be done?

• Like 1

1. Carter . He wanted to leave and not go on loan as he wanted regular game time. If he went on loan we would have to pay his wages and reclaim it from Whitehaven. There are financial risks that I'm sure you can work out. Our policy is not to keep unhappy players. It doesn't do anyone any favours.

2. We got virtually no notice with Iaria, it was in the week we played Halifax and we didn't have anyone lined up. He was adamant he wanted to go back home. How can we force him to stay? And is it a good policy not to treat players well? We treat Alec Susino well in a number of ways and on the back of that Iaria was attracted to the club. We don't want a reputation of being a club that doesn't appreciate player welfare. In the long run it is better to look after players.

3. Again they both wanted to leave. It is always difficult to keep squad members happy although in Tom's case it wasn't just about playing opportunities and he has retired from the game. Ironically it is about this stage of the season when squad players start to get opportunities like Brett Carter is doing. Perhaps we consider a smaller squad next season and just add to it as and when required by keeping budget back.

4. As soon as we lost Gillam and Iaria in one week we were in the market and brought in Makin and Wilkinson. We pretty much spent our playing budget so getting French players over with flights and accommodation, especially for unknown players, was too much of a financial risk. We are starting to form a good relationship with Wigan who have some top quality youngsters which is a good option for us. Just bringing extra players in to jump ahead of our squad players isn't always good for morale.

5. Player recruitment and retainment, within budget constraints, is the choice of the coach. Obviously we aren't happy where we are in the league table but we probably over-achieved last season and this is more of a reality check of how tough the Championship is. That said, apart from Featherstone away, we have been very competitive and with a bit of luck we could have picked up a few more points.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, the man said:

5. Player recruitment and retainment, within budget constraints, is the choice of the coach. Obviously we aren't happy where we are in the league table but we probably over-achieved last season and this is more of a reality check of how tough the Championship is. That said, apart from Featherstone away, we have been very competitive and with a bit of luck we could have picked up a few more points.

So the poor recruitment, results and league position being put on the coach?

7 minutes ago, blue forever said:

So the poor recruitment, results and league position being put on the coach?

Absolutely not. I think we have a fantastic coach and I wouldn't swap him for any other. We are very much a team and share success and failure and work together to try to improve.

I didn't say we had poor recruitment, the original poster may have implied that. I said that with a bit of luck we could have picked up a few more points. Performance wise we are pretty consistent and sometimes results don't go your way, that's sport.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, the man said:

1. Carter . He wanted to leave and not go on loan as he wanted regular game time. If he went on loan we would have to pay his wages and reclaim it from Whitehaven. There are financial risks that I'm sure you can work out. Our policy is not to keep unhappy players. It doesn't do anyone any favours.

2. We got virtually no notice with Iaria, it was in the week we played Halifax and we didn't have anyone lined up. He was adamant he wanted to go back home. How can we force him to stay? And is it a good policy not to treat players well? We treat Alec Susino well in a number of ways and on the back of that Iaria was attracted to the club. We don't want a reputation of being a club that doesn't appreciate player welfare. In the long run it is better to look after players.

3. Again they both wanted to leave. It is always difficult to keep squad members happy although in Tom's case it wasn't just about playing opportunities and he has retired from the game. Ironically it is about this stage of the season when squad players start to get opportunities like Brett Carter is doing. Perhaps we consider a smaller squad next season and just add to it as and when required by keeping budget back.

4. As soon as we lost Gillam and Iaria in one week we were in the market and brought in Makin and Wilkinson. We pretty much spent our playing budget so getting French players over with flights and accommodation, especially for unknown players, was too much of a financial risk. We are starting to form a good relationship with Wigan who have some top quality youngsters which is a good option for us. Just bringing extra players in to jump ahead of our squad players isn't always good for morale.

Thanks for the reply

Regarding carter he stated in the press release he's hoping to be back at barrow next season so if that's the case if haven were to have loaned him off us and cover his wages I'm not sure where the risk is?

On Iaria I don't think it is unreasonable to say 'yes you can have a release but give us 1/2 weeks to find someone else especially if he didn't give us any notice? Welfare is important however he signed a contract and I imagine you have been very good with during his time not unreasonable to ask him to give us a couple of weeks to find an adequate replacement?

Finally on your spent budget now we have lost Iaria, carter, Hopkins, Dawson, etc I would have thought that has freed up some budget to bring some extra players in surely Wilkinson and makin haven't spent that remaining budget? I wouldn't worry too much about morale when we are currently working with 18 fit players half of them playing out of position. I feel that is a soft attitude instead of being a little more ruthless which might give us the best chance of staying up? Ultimately winning breeds high morale..

For the record these aren't digs at you I as a season ticket holder appreciate the job you're doing and understand it's not always as easy as it seems from the outside looking in. 

• Like 2