Lessons to be learnt by RL from the FIFA Women's World Cup

Watching the Football world cup happening here in Australia I can only hope that the decision makers in our game are taking it all in.

Huge potential to move into new markets via the women's game ( hello Brazil!) which could lead to expansion into the mens, youth and kids targeted areas. 

Role reversal from the traditional men first development might just surprise us all.  

• Like 2

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

• 3 weeks later...

22 hours ago, bird said:

Interesting that according to the FIFA Chief, despite massive attendances and receipts, the competition broke even but made no money. Contrast.

Did FIFA get the tv money they were asking for from European broadcasters or did they get what the broadcasters were willing to pay?

On 24/08/2023 at 09:01, Gomersall said:

Did FIFA get the tv money they were asking for from European broadcasters or did they get what the broadcasters were willing to pay?

From my memory of what was said at the time: they reached a collective deal with the European broadcasters that was higher than they individually were offering but less than FIFA had suddenly decided they wanted.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 2 months later...

Been a flurry of Women's RL international games in the last month .... 

As the song goes " Sisters are doin' it for themselves " 😁

• Like 1

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.