New Coach

RLNewbie

Ged Corcoran, Alan Kilshaw, Carl Forster in for it, Corcoran got it, could be miles out but that’s what I’ve heard. A coach this side is better in my opinion as will know local players, not many travel over the Pennines nowadays 

We need to be appointing very soon, if not Widnes or other teams will be signing all or players and we will be going into next season with scraps again. Looking at our last two coaching appointments, both have been internal, Coleman from Littler and the women's coach so maybe put a bit of money on Connor Farrell 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Rhodri lloyd got mentioned the other day, seems to be plenty of interest 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

17 hours ago, RLNewbie said:

Alan Kilshaw it is 

Will he get you back into the Championship?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well we haven't left the Championship yet 🙂

I am surprised if Alan Kilshaw is the new coach as he has done wonderful things with Hunslet who stand a great chance of getting back in via the play offs - they beat Dewsbury a couple of weeks ago ...........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Castleford Hawk said:

Hope you guys stay up as Killer deserves to coach at a higher level. Has been brilliant for us. Total professional in everything he does, always raising the bar. You’ve got a good ‘un. 

The Hunslet statement says he is moving for personal reasons to be closer to his home with less travel time involved. It says he has a new child and job so it makes sense for him to cut down on travelling time. He is experienced and has had some success at previous clubs so I hope he goes well for the Lions.

On 17/08/2023 at 16:14, wayner said:

Well we haven't left the Championship yet 🙂

I am surprised if Alan Kilshaw is the new coach as he has done wonderful things with Hunslet who stand a great chance of getting back in via the play offs - they beat Dewsbury a couple of weeks ago ...........

They beat a Dewsbury who had not played well for weeks

So I wouldn't read too much into that result. 

Kilshaw done well this season can't deny the bloke that this season🤔

18 hours ago, Castleford Hawk said:

Hope you guys stay up as Killer deserves to coach at a higher level. Has been brilliant for us. Total professional in everything he does, always raising the bar. You’ve got a good ‘un. 

And such a lovely bloke, too.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.