Mindless vandalism...

53 minutes ago, Click said:

Unless the trees in the rainforests are being cut down 'just because' you might have a point.

But they aren't, so not sure how your post is relevant or ironic.

By all means get worked up over an iconic view/tree. I'm just trying to offer some perspective.There's plenty of examples where trees are cut down "just because" including the world's rainforest. This is vandalism on an industrial scale just because palm oil keeps your cakes from going mouldy too soon.

1 hour ago, Ackroman said:

By all means get worked up over an iconic view/tree. I'm just trying to offer some perspective.There's plenty of examples where trees are cut down "just because" including the world's rainforest. This is vandalism on an industrial scale just because palm oil keeps your cakes from going mouldy too soon.

I understand where you're coming from but let's put this into perspective another way. A beloved national landmark has been destroyed. How would Americans feel if someone pulled down the statue of liberty just because..? Or the French if someone blew up the Eiffel Tower just because..? Or the Italians if someone bulldozed the Coliseum just because..? British people are very, very angry about this beloved national landmark being destroyed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I understand where you're coming from but let's put this into perspective another way. A beloved national landmark has been destroyed. How would Americans feel if someone pulled down the statue of liberty just because..? Or the French if someone blew up the Eiffel Tower just because..? Or the Italians if someone bulldozed the Coliseum just because..? British people are very, very angry about this beloved national landmark being destroyed.

It's a thoughtless act but whoever did it didn't steal the wall next to it to build a stately home......