Departures from York Valkyrie

No news on their future plans, but I expect Kacey Davis to be playing for Fev in the top tier next year (she as on loan to them for 2023 season, and made eight appearances)

Liv Whitehead would be a real asset to any other Super League club - a fast winger or full-back who can kick goals. She may have some other sporting irons in the fire (IIRC, she had a sporting scholarship to the US to play football on offer when she first signed for York)

No idea with Chloe Smith (still a teenager, played with our U19s and for Cas this year, but was part of the Valkyrie Uganda mission earlier in the year)

The big news is Grace Field leaving - no news on what her plans are yet, but I'll pass on what I hear.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Hope they keep her longer than Shona Hoyle's spell there!

Mentioning Shona now Hudds getting involved in the money, I wouldn't be surprised to see her best mate move there as competition for places at Leeds is expected to hot up and she could probably get a better deal than she is on currently.

These aren't money moves. York and Leeds payments were allegedly win bonuses of £50 for regular season games and £100 for semi's and finals. Win bonus money may still be hard to come by for the Giants next year. Grace's current job at York St Johns University is partially based at the Valkyrie training base, so a move might be tied up with a new job and location. 

If Liv Whitehead is leaving York looking for more Super League starts (she is in the England performance squad after all) then she could be a very useful capture for either Hudds or newly promoted Fev.

Despite being sad to see players move on, it's only got to be a good thing for the competition to have talented players moving on from the Champion side to pastures new (as long as it's not Leeds or Saints😄) It also frees up squad places at York for emerging U19 players and means more potential game time for the likes of Daisy Sanderson, Jess Sharp and Chevelle Clarke.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RBKnight said:

These aren't money moves. York and Leeds payments were allegedly win bonuses of £50 for regular season games and £100 for semi's and finals. Win bonus money may still be hard to come by for the Giants next year. Grace's current job at York St Johns University is partially based at the Valkyrie training base, so a move might be tied up with a new job and location. 

If Liv Whitehead is leaving York looking for more Super League starts (she is in the England performance squad after all) then she could be a very useful capture for either Hudds or newly promoted Fev.

Despite being sad to see players move on, it's only got to be a good thing for the competition to have talented players moving on from the Champion side to pastures new (as long as it's not Leeds or Saints😄) It also frees up squad places at York for emerging U19 players and means more potential game time for the likes of Daisy Sanderson, Jess Sharp and Chevelle Clarke.

With you mentioning the England performance squad regards Liv Whitehead, Ive not heard of her going to Huddersfield but it might make sense as they will be paying lump sums to players depending on their status in different rep squads. I honestly have no idea if its the same for Leeds or York though. Huddersfield do look like they are making an effort to try and be more competitive and they really do not have the luxury of having a lot of quality coming through the 19's as most of the talent is heading to York, Leeds, and Fev in the area.  Maybe that could change as a lot of people were surprised to see Freya Whitehead(not sure if related to Liv) go there instead of Leeds as she is rated as the best No.9 at junior level by anyone who has seen her play.

On 25/10/2023 at 09:19, BroncoFan said:

Liv and Grace both to Leeds I’ve been told.

I rate Liv highly but I rate Ruby Enright even more.

The next big thing imo.

Had this sort of confirmed yesterday ..... Grace is an enormous capture for Leeds. Like you, not sure that Liv is going to be ahead of either Enright of any of the other Leeds outside backs for regular starts.

Huddersfield have actually signed a prop who I rated as the best young prop in WSL 2 years ago, Ellie Oldroyd.

She took time away from the game in 2022 so it’s great to see her back.

I honestly think she can become an England international if she gets back to full fitness.

• Like 3

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon