An under 18 England team.

Whilst I was browsing YouTube, I came across a couple of England girls u18 Union internationals.

I never watch Union but I thought I’d have a look and there were a couple of League players in the England squad, Lucie Sams & Bridget Campbell (Huddersfield).

it made me quite envious so I hope in the near future we can have a Rugby League England under 18 team for the girls.

That will give more incentive and great recognition, we can’t afford to get further left behind.

How good would a tour to th southern hemisphere be ?

A potential squad would be quite strong, eg;

1. Beri Salihi

2. Amelia Brown

3. Molly Jones

4. Eva Hunter

5. Elise Gater

6. Grace Banks

7. Caitlin Casey

8. Lucie Sams

9. Bella Sykes

10. Megan Williams

11. Jess Sharp

12. Lois Naidole 

13. Mayzi Carter

Res: Evie Cousins, Lucy Johnson, Cerys Jones & Abbie Millward

• Like 1

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

SH tour would be great. Probably same limbo for England as open-age. Too good for anyone in NH, not good enough for Oz and NZ.

Nothing comparable in UK approaching the standard of under-19s Origin.

Australian under-18s schoolgirls played a game in PNG this year and one in Fiji last year. Maybe they could tour over here as per Australian schoolboys.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2023 at 19:56, BroncoFan said:

Whilst I was browsing YouTube, I came across a couple of England girls u18 Union internationals.

I never watch Union but I thought I’d have a look and there were a couple of League players in the England squad, Lucie Sams & Bridget Campbell (Huddersfield).

it made me quite envious so I hope in the near future we can have a Rugby League England under 18 team for the girls.

That will give more incentive and great recognition, we can’t afford to get further left behind.

How good would a tour to th southern hemisphere be ?

A potential squad would be quite strong, eg;

1. Beri Salihi

2. Amelia Brown

3. Molly Jones

4. Eva Hunter

5. Elise Gater

6. Grace Banks

7. Caitlin Casey

8. Lucie Sams

9. Bella Sykes

10. Megan Williams

11. Jess Sharp

12. Lois Naidole 

13. Mayzi Carter

Res: Evie Cousins, Lucy Johnson, Cerys Jones & Abbie Millward

How do you think that team would get on against Australia and NZ u18s? 

England do have the DISE program for U18 girls which is a pathway similar to Union, just not as many games 

They have regular camps & training days with the Elite England coaches often present

A few girls in the program are already in the first team squad at a few top clubs

15 hours ago, Richard de la Riviere said:

How do you think that team would get on against Australia and NZ u18s? 

I don’t know but that’s a decent team on paper, would love to see it happen.

• 3 months later...

A couple of young players I’m looking forward to seeing this season is Ana De Silva at Huddersfield & T’Leesha Frederick Maynard (Valkyrie)

A year younger than them still but one to keep an eye on is Izzy Rowe at Wigan. She is coming back from a knee reconstruction but I believe she was the gun player in her age group.

On 09/03/2024 at 09:07, BroncoFan said:

A couple of young players I’m looking forward to seeing this season is Ana De Silva at Huddersfield & T’Leesha Frederick Maynard (Valkyrie)

A year younger than them still but one to keep an eye on is Izzy Rowe at Wigan. She is coming back from a knee reconstruction but I believe she was the gun player in her age group.

Seen Ana in action a lot in the juniors over at East Leeds and she always was a really powerful runner that was a nightmare for teams to tackle. I saw her last season for the Giants, I think it was a 19's game I watched, and she still has a bit of u12's type rugby about her where whe will try and get around teams rather than using her natural ability to get through them. She certainly has the makings of a very useful player though.