Club website

fearnowt

Just realised that the club's website address has been changed, and very nice it looks too now I have found it!

I was wanting to find out about the new membership scheme, but when I googled the club name there was nothing on the website. Anyway, looked on facebook (which I don't have an account for) and there was a link to the membership section on the website, that's when I noticed that it's basically a new website.

As someone who doesn't do social media, I have to say that I am very pleased to see an up to date club website which appears to be updated almost on a daily basis, and very grateful to the volunteers giving up their time to make this possible.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

I'm not an expert but would suggest the old website is shut down or replaced with a single page redirecting to the new website. The problem at the moment is that a Google search (for example) gives the old website as the top result. So most will assume you can't be bothered to update it and you'll lose traffic. 

13 hours ago, Yorks Tim said:

I'm not an expert but would suggest the old website is shut down or replaced with a single page redirecting to the new website. The problem at the moment is that a Google search (for example) gives the old website as the top result. So most will assume you can't be bothered to update it and you'll lose traffic. 

I was talking to one of the guys involved in what is a complete overhaul of the off field side of the club, especially communication and supporter involvement.

The problem with the old website is that the director who built it has left the club and has taken the passwords etc with him, which is especially annoying to those of us who contributed towards the cost of building it through the supporters trust. Ironically, it replaced the previous website for similar reasons, and I remember it took some time to redirect the google search. Hopefully it will be rectified sooner rather than later, but thanks for making a very valid point, I'll pass it on when I get the chance.

• Like 1

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.