Elite 1 Round 9

29 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

gonna be a great game, going to keep keeping an eye out for the Limoux half Matis Dall'asta, i haven't got to watch him yet but I've heard good things about him.

With ball excellent but been defensively suspect so far. Toulouse’s left winger is quick and strong whilst Sayah (prop) impressed me. 

Watched both Toulouse V Limoux and Albi V Pia.

In Toulouse V Limoux, Toulouse did very well to hold Limoux out for the first 30 minutes but then after that it was all Limoux.

For Limoux I was impressed with Quinton Crunel, Young FB/WG who is very agile, quick and strong. And also the whole Limoux Middle foward pack especially Axel Rodrigues who was superb and my MOTM. Miloudi was very involved but made a few too many mistakes, Benoit Jasmin was great, and I was also very impressed with young half Matis Dall’asta and is co partner Matis Jammes.

For Toulouse some Postive signs, Tony Maurel was the star as usual, Foward pack of Skoundri and Sangaré were important and have a great future ahead of them. Also Stephane Guillon is a 9 the size of a prop yet he runs like a winger, very talented player.

In Albi vs Pia, a very sloppy Muddy game, both teams never really got going but Albi still managed to scrape out the victory. 

No real stand out performers in this match, but for Albi I was impressed by Jayson Goffin, Tristan Dupuy, Chase Bernard, Christoph Hellec, Ilias Bergal, The halves Paring of Gigot and Wall and Matias Leveille. For Pia Joan Guash, Jason Baitieri, Thomas Albert and Leandre Torres all impressed but again no stand performers. My MOTM would go to Chase Bernard who looked a threat both Running and distributing and set up a try for Pedrero.

• Thanks 1

Matias Leveille has a serious Future ahead for him, if NRL and SL scouts don’t already have eyes on him their not doing there jobs right. A young Front rower coming in to his prime with incredible work rate who manages to break past defenders and make 5-10 metres after contact consistently. Not many players like him.

Edited by NRLandSL

To me there's a change resently at the Dragons and even at TO. The Toulouse out fit nearly got the better of Lezignan the other week. Albi after too much taking 50 points but the Dragons reserves  also took 49 points a week earlier. But after winning at FCL yesterday the Catalans are possibly looking up for a '6' place come  the Spring. Le Cam now the captain after being let go - went off to rugby union at Cèret The year after the Dragons made him the captain of the Elite 1 team. Against Albi the other week he  broke the visitors line for their only tries

Going on the game at Limoux the TO visitors were the better for most of the time up to 35 minutes or so. Noticed that the forward Skouadri looked out of steam after his visit to Kenya. In the Albi match earlier in Toulouse the other player of note was the threequarter Tropis with two break outs of note. There is talk that these two will be part of the TO Championship in 2024

• Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg