1895 Cup Group Six Preview: North Wales Crusaders, Swinton Lions, Widnes Vikings

GROUP SIX North Wales Crusaders Swinton Lions Widnes Vikings GROUP SIX promises to throw up some interesting ties with League One play-off final losers North...

View the full article

Rugby League World magazine is published every month, available on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @rlworld / Instagram @rlworld / Threads @rlworld
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/rugbyleagueworld

Hey-ho, got that wrong. The Cru undone 40-12 by a highly competent and well organized Swinton side, any faint hope we might have had being extinguished when Jono Smith was red carded for mouthing off at the referee (must have been bad, that's usually a yellow). Never mind, just nice to be back at the seaside and seeing everyone again.

• Like 2

It is a lovely set up you have and you made our fans feel very welcome, good luck for the season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Well played Swinton, a well deserved win. Ill discipline cost us we has a spell of 11 v 13 plus at least 60 minutes of 12 v 13; given that 12 - 40 was about the best we could hope for. A decent second half from Crusaders in very blustery conditions.

I'll probably go along to the Swinton v Widnes game next weekend to see how the two Championship sides do against each other.