2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 8 . Your comments welcome. YOUR league, your discussion thread.

4-0 but not happy with my team brought in Metcalfe last week and he lasted 10 mins so that is another trade to burn this week along with Tuapiki down to Talagi. With Moses gone so much want to bring Gutho in as he will  now be involved in everything for the Eels but can't afford to burn another boost. As for my troublesome forwards at least Hughes will start this week but still no mention of Chan.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

6 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

4-0 but not happy with my team brought in Metcalfe last week and he lasted 10 mins so that is another trade to burn this week along with Tuapiki down to Talagi. With Moses gone so much want to bring Gutho in as he will  now be involved in everything for the Eels but can't afford to burn another boost. As for my troublesome forwards at least Hughes will start this week but still no mention of Chan.

Gutherson has a huge break even this week, so best to avoid. I could easily burn another boost, but am trying to stay strong and not give in to temptation.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

It’s been a tough start to the season for me. My original  squad wasn’t performing at all how I’d hoped. A lot of changes were needed, fair to say some through injury.

I’m hoping I’m moving in the right direction.

Has anybody reached or bettered their pre-round predicted total?

I know I haven’t, nothing like.

Captaincy choice is again vital this season. My choice last week, HTF,  was inspired and made up for some underperformances .

Edited by Graham

2 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

This is make or break week. I am doing much better in NRL fantasy than I am in Supercoach and may have to divert attention away from this game if I don't get a decent score this week. Also still sulking at having been beaten by @Irish Saint and @JimBronco.

It's the taking part that's all that matters. Took me three seasons to get my head round this game and some of the scoring still baffles me. Some players seem to start on 50 points. Also feel players don't lose enough points for defensive errors.

Other Rules I would change. I would get rid of that vc loop. Never used it never will just not Corinthian spirit. if its kept then your original captain  should score zero.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

58 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

It's the taking part that's all that matters. Took me three seasons to get my head round this game and some of the scoring still baffles me. Some players seem to start on 50 points. Also feel players don't lose enough points for defensive errors.

Other Rules I would change. I would get rid of that vc loop. Never used it never will just not Corinthian spirit. if its kept then your original captain  should score zero.

I admire the sentiments but don't necessarily agree with them. I use the loop occasionally and now I understand it I am comfortable with it. The Corinthian Spirit can do one!

This week I had Tedesco as vc and was more than half expecting to loop a score of 100 plus as he was playing the Dogs. Unfortunately, the Super Coach gods sided with @Irish Saint and his Corinthian values. I shall now shuffle off in despair ...

• Graham changed the title to 2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 4 . Your comments welcome. Your discussion thread
Posted (edited)

My results this week are like the curate’s egg, good in parts.

The good - I got more than 1,000 points, hooray

The bad - I lost my H2H match in this league, 😢

It didn’t help one of my newly drafted in players getting himself a -17 having been sent off. Rubbing salt in the wounds he’ll be banned a couple of matches. Stone the blooming crows!

Edited by Graham

• Graham changed the title to 2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 5 . Your comments welcome. Your discussion thread

Twice now I've looped and it's gotten me over the line in two H2H matches. Rising up the rankings but bench is starting to worry me with injuries, suspensions and non selections. I think bringing in Schiller for Young is a no brainer, to give me the funds to get Cleary next week for Hutchison. I'd like to bring in Katoa this week too, but may save the trade. I'll have a deeper think about in throughout the day tomorrow and decide. 

Edited by JimBronco

I have had to use my fourth boost just to get a reasonably competitive team together this week. Fingers crossed it isn't too late for me to do a bit more than just "take part" this season!

Finally traded out Wong for team mate Crichton but didn't play him.😂

Last week I suffered Tedesco and Liam Henry. This week the Hammer will score in single figures due to injury. I clearly upset the Gods of Supercoach even more than I had realised.

My unbeaten run comes to an end, wrong captain and too many points left on the bench. Would have made no difference my opponent still would have won  congratulations to them.  No need to panic. Changes this week as hammer out for a while and awaiting news on Flegler injury. 

• Graham changed the title to 2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 6 . Your comments welcome. Your discussion thread