2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 8 . Your comments welcome. YOUR league, your discussion thread.

I have Holmes and he aint going anywhere as i traded him out at start of origin last year.

I would go for Lomax purely because of the goal kicking. Mulitalo has a lot of 20's and 30's in him well he did when i brought him in last year😀

• Like 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Ronaldo has some tough games coming up after round 8 or 9 and he doesn't usually score well against top teams. Val will play Origin, Lomax may or may not move to Parramatta in the next couple of weeks.

For me, it would be Holmes and Lomax, but look where I am in the table before accepting any advice.

• Haha 1

Holmes is top points scorer. He’s predicted to drop money after this round.

Lomax is third top points scorer and is predicted to go up in value after this round.

I reckon Lomax first then the ever reliable Holmes when finance allows.

Just announced Lomax to Eels next season.

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Holmes is top points scorer. He’s predicted to drop money after this round.

Lomax is third top points scorer and is predicted to go up in value after this round.

I reckon Lomax first then the ever reliable Holmes when finance allows.

Just announced Lomax to Eels next season.

Lomax back to centre this week- his big scores thiscseason have come on the wing. I would be concerned whether his mind was in the right place now he is sorted for next year. To'o has a good run of matches coming up.

On 15/04/2024 at 23:55, Graham said:

1. Let’s say you can only bring in one of these three CTWs.

Which one do you pick.

Valentine Holmes

Zac Lomax

Ronaldo Mulitalo

2. If you could bring in two of them, which two?

I know you might want all three, but stick with the Q1 & 2 for now. 😃

would want Holmes if I didn't already have him. He's just a Gun. Lomax and Ronaldo are both going really well too. People are put off by Ronaldo and his ability to post low scores, but he's continuing to score well. Lomax at centre concerns many. Still, he's looking like a keeper. 

Manu back-to-back tons at fullback. Back to centre now. Very tempted to boost to get him in. But that means a 4th boost. I may hold off. 

I've still got Hutchison as my 2nd halfback and have the money to get Cleary...but of course he's not named and who knows when he's back. I may just spend that money on a SJ or just spend it elsewhere. I'm losing patience waiting on Cleary. Anyone else in same boat?

25 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

I've still got Hutchison as my 2nd halfback and have the money to get Cleary...but of course he's not named and who knows when he's back. I may just spend that money on a SJ or just spend it elsewhere. I'm losing patience waiting on Cleary. Anyone else in same boat?

No, but I have SJ and he’s rewarded me with good scores and so far good reliability.

• Like 1

I feel you need two of Hynes, SJ and DCE at the moment. Cleary comes back into the equation after Origin.

Choosing (or being able to afford) 4 gun CTW's is where leagues will be won or lost. Holmes, Garrick, RTS, Lomax, Ronaldo, Manu, Meaney, Tago, To'o and (when fit) Herbie are all genuine guns. Plus Dom Young, the Hammer, Marches and others.

38 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

I feel you need two of Hynes, SJ and DCE at the moment. Cleary comes back into the equation after Origin.

Choosing (or being able to afford) 4 gun CTW's is where leagues will be won or lost. Holmes, Garrick, RTS, Lomax, Ronaldo, Manu, Meaney, Tago, To'o and (when fit) Herbie are all genuine guns. Plus Dom Young, the Hammer, Marches and others.

I agree with the first paragraph., it’s what I’ve done. I’m hopefully working towards the CTW paragraph.

• Like 1

• Graham changed the title to 2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 6 . Your comments welcome. YOUR discussion thread
  • Graham changed the title to 2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 7 . Your comments welcome. YOUR discussion thread

You've left Tedesco out? CNK is probably safest, Walsh has the highest ceiling, Papi and Turbo are as big an injury risk as Ponga. Worried about Drinkwater as the Cowboys are starting to struggle.

By a process of elimination, Edwards and either Drinky or Walsh, depending whether you are risk averse or not.

Just seen how cheap Walsh is now. He's almost a must have.

Edited by Spotty Herbert

I already own Turbo and will hold. He could easily have tonned up at the weekend. Walsh at his price is so tempting. He's such a weapon but maybe what puts many off is that he's not quite a 150+ weapon. 

1 hour ago, JimBronco said:

I already own Turbo and will hold. He could easily have tonned up at the weekend. Walsh at his price is so tempting. He's such a weapon but maybe what puts many off is that he's not quite a 150+ weapon. 

And therein lies the greatest conundrum of this infuriating game. Is it better to live in hope of 150 and suffer the occasional 20 / 30, or be happy with (reasonably) consistently hitting 80 to 100?

20 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

And therein lies the greatest conundrum of this infuriating game. Is it better to live in hope of 150 and suffer the occasional 20 / 30, or be happy with (reasonably) consistently hitting 80 to 100?

I think Walsh is too hard to pass up at his current price. Plus moving Ponga to him could give you the much needed cash to bring Cleary back in if you don't have him. 

Rumours coming out of NZ that SJ has an achilles problem.  Was going to  captain him against  Titans, now might have to trade out for Cleary.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.