2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 8 . Your comments welcome. YOUR league, your discussion thread.

1 hour ago, Irish Saint said:

Rumours coming out of NZ that SJ has an achilles problem.  Was going to  captain him against  Titans, now might have to trade out for Cleary.

I don't think the Warriors can rest SJ until Harris - Tavita is fit again. Too soon to go to Cleary until I have seen how well he has recovered. However, SJ might get pulled off early if they get well ahead of the Titans early doors, so I agree he isn't a captaincy option this week.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

I don't think the Warriors can rest SJ until Harris - Tavita is fit again. Too soon to go to Cleary until I have seen how well he has recovered. However, SJ might get pulled off early if they get well ahead of the Titans early doors, so I agree he isn't a captaincy option this week.

Will keep an eye on any SJ announcements. Yes there’s talk he could be rested. I’m hoping he plays in this one. Warriors need a comeback performance after last week. They can rest him then against Knights so he’ll not have to travel abroad and he’ll have a decent time off. That’s what I’m hoping anyway!

• Like 2

Thoughtt about bringing Garrick in this week  but as I had the cash took Lomax instead. The plan was that Garrick probably wouldn't get his break even so next week he would nearly  be the same price as Bostock and it would virtually be a straight swop.  So much for plans.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 hour ago, Irish Saint said:

Thoughtt about bringing Garrick in this week  but as I had the cash took Lomax instead. The plan was that Garrick probably wouldn't get his break even so next week he would nearly  be the same price as Bostock and it would virtually be a straight swop.  So much for plans.

I know the feeling!

Going back to SJ - he did play and he got a good SC score of 93 in a losing side.

For somebody carrying an injury he’s still one of the best.

The only doubt about him is what we’ve said… will he be rested a full match or part of matches?

Gee, there were some very impressive scores this weekend and some very frustrating, average ones, too. Are we allowed 10 trades next week with unlimited money? 🙏

2 hours ago, JimBronco said:

Gee, there were some very impressive scores this weekend and some very frustrating, average ones, too. Are we allowed 10 trades next week with unlimited money? 🙏

There’s a short and long answer to that but they both amount to ‘sadly not’.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

There’s a short and long answer to that but they both amount to ‘sadly not’.

Boo!!!!

Edited by Spotty Herbert
  • Haha 2

Over 1300 and I lose 😂

I'll not post the link but Paul Kent involved in drunken street brawl. Availsble on you tube 

Maybe bow Fox will let him go.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

23 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Over 1300 and I lose 😂

I'll not post the link but Paul Kent involved in drunken street brawl. Availsble on you tube 

Maybe bow Fox will let him go.

It's the luck of the draw. Another week you could get 900 and win. That's one of the frustrations with SC.

As for PK, I wouldn't miss him, put it that way.

Just watched the video of Paul Kent’s brawl. Talk about red mist descending! I can’t see him being able to command  respect in his media work after this latest indiscretion.

He is harshly criticised for example Taylan May when he was found guilty of assault. He can expect harsh criticism himself as a self appointed arbiter of behaviour around the game.

• Graham changed the title to 2024 NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague24 Results After Round 8 . Your comments welcome. YOUR league, your discussion thread.

Decision this week do i sacrifice Drinky or Pap and bring in Fuller or do i just pass that by and move Flegler on instead.

4 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

Decision this week do i sacrifice Drinky or Pap and bring in Fuller or do i just pass that by and move Flegler on instead.

Had a similar conundrum, but decided I needed 2 gun full backs and not to take the risk. There are alternative money makers in the threequarters I would prefer to take a punt on.

I also looked similarly at cashing in a gun full back for a cheaper but good alternative, but in the end prioritised CTW and forward development first..

Pap is good value for money and alternatives for Drinky seemed currently like fiddling with something that has so far paid dividends, though Drinkwater had a poor score last week.

Edited by Graham

On 30/04/2024 at 16:10, Irish Saint said:

It's all well and good listening to podcasts and reading articles about who's best to trade out, or trade in, but you should always go with your gut feeling. If you're determined to bring Fuller in, and it feels right, go for it. You can accept whatever outcome then because you know YOU wanted to make that trade. 

• Like 1

May and Strange are leaving my team this week. I'm currently torn on which 2RF to bring in. One leaves me with 3k ITB (Fifita), the other approx 229k (Crichton). 

Cleary is out of tomorrow's game with Souths. I was going to use my 4th boost to go SJ>Cleary, but will hold SJ now. I may still use my boost for Garrick or Grant. Garrick the better pick of the two for upside? 

Dolphins prop Tom Flegler has become the latest Maroons star racing the clock for the start of the Origin series as Queensland’s quest for a three-peat of victories copped another blow.

Flegler has been ruled out for at least another four weeks after sustaining a shoulder injury against the Tigers in round 5.

18 hours ago, Graham said:

I also looked similarly at cashing in a gun full back for a cheaper but good alternative, but in the end prioritised CTW and forward development first..

Pap is good value for money and alternatives for Drinky seemed currently like fiddling with something that has so far paid dividends, though Drinkwater had a poor score last week.

Turbo hasn't hit the heights of years gone by this year, but his average is still worthy of holding him, as tempting as it is to get Fuller in. It would free up tons of cash, but I just can't do it. 

I would hold Scotty Drink Bloke if I had him. 

Edited by JimBronco

3 hours ago, JimBronco said:

Turbo hasn't hit the heights of years gone by this year, but his average is still worthy of holding him, as tempting as it is to get Fuller in. It would free up tons of cash, but I just can't do it. 

I would hold Scotty Drink Bloke if I had him. 

I explored my options. Swapping him for TTurbo was one, but the potential advantage seemed small. I considered Reece Walsh who’d have freed up $100,000 or so. Potentially he will make money. He is frighteningly quick but there’s something about his demeanour on the field that stopped me from investing.