Catalans Travel

3 hours ago, Worzel said:

I’m not negative overall, honest. I think it’s been a relationship of mutual benefit, as all good ones are. Clearly it has been good for Catalans, but you can’t deny they’ve put their own shift in. Then on the flip side I think Super League has also benefitted, certainly more than it has from several other clubs who’ve participated in the league in the same time period… and nobody is asking other clubs to take on additional liabilities!

That said, I am negative on retrospective attempts to renegotiate the terms of that relationship, which I think shows bad faith and not how I’d run any organisation, and it’s important to remember how this all started to make sure we frame today’s debate properly. 

I think a case can be made for franchise buy-ins, and a case can be made for charging “rent” to foreign teams who wish to join (whether I agree or not). I just don’t think a moral case can be made for moving the goalposts for an existing partner like this. Doesn’t pass my “smell test” is all. 

Fair enough. Plenty I agree with here. 

I've said my piece on this overall, happy to mildly disagree on a few points, but all good mate! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

Fair enough. Plenty I agree with here. 

I've said my piece on this overall, happy to mildly disagree on a few points, but all good mate! 

Aye me n'all, don't think we're miles off really.