Wigan Warriors prop Taulima Tautai has had his two-match ban for a dangerous tackle cut in half: meaning he will now be suspended for one game.
The prop was hit with the dangerous tackle charge in the aftermath of Friday’s game against Leeds, following a tackle on Rhinos prop Adam Cuthbertson.
Tautai pleaded not guilty but was hit with a two-match ban initially, but after Wigan appealed the independent tribunal’s decision, the ban was reduced to one game.
The RFL said: “Josh Charnley and Taulima Tautai of Wigan Warriors have today appealed the decisions made against them by an Independent Tribunal yesterday (Tuesday).
“This evening (Wednesday) an Independent Tribunal decided to dismiss the appeal in the case of Josh Charnley and agree with the original decision to ban the player for two games and fine him £300.
“The Tribunal partially upheld the appeal in the case of Taulima Tautai. They found the player guilty of Grade B dangerous contact, but they felt the offence warranted a one game ban, with a £300 fine.”
Earlier on Wednesday, Cuthbertson said he would like to see the tackles outlawed from the game.