It’s been another busy week in the world of Rugby League – with arguably an even bigger one on the horizon.
With another bumper weekend of action on the field done and dusted, the new issue of League Express is the one-stop place to go to round up all the games over the past few days, as well as a look ahead as to what’s coming up both on and off the pitch. With transfer news, big meetings revealed and much more, here’s what we’ve got in store this week. Don’t forget, you can download the new edition on your smart device from 9pm by downloading the League Express app.
- We’ll reveal the date that the franchises from Ottawa and New York get to present their bids to clubs at long last..
- ..while also shedding plenty of light on the reported criteria Super League clubs are keen to put in place for expansion franchises should they wish to be promoted to Super League.
- We’ll reveal the out-of-contract Castleford Tigers player who is already being tipped for a move elsewhere in 2020 amidst uncertainty over a new deal.
- One of England Academy’s brightest talents is set for a big-money move to a Super League club.. find out who in this week’s paper.
- His departure from the RFL last week created a stir – now, hear exclusively from Brian Barwick after it was announced he’d be leaving the governing body.
- His side were beaten for the first time at the weekend – but there’s a defiant message from St Helens chairman Eamonn McManus over the development of rugby league in France.
- Find out the latest on Wakefield’s hunt for a new signing.
- Yet more talented prospects made their Super League debut for London at the weekend – now, the man who helped develop them shares the secrets of the Broncos’ success at junior level.
- Our editor Martyn Sadler anticipates a thrilling contest this Friday between the top two teams in Super League and he lists the names of all the players who will come out of contract this season.