The Super League season may be over: but the rugby league world never stops turning – and as England prepare for their new era under Wayne Bennett getting underway this weekend, the new issue of League Express has all the bases covered.
Whether it’s our bumper interview with the new England boss, the round-up of the weekend’s World Cup qualifiers or all the news from the lower and amateur leagues, League Express is the ultimate read for rugby league fans. Here’s what’s inside this week.
- An exclusive full-page Q&A with England coach Wayne Bennett ahead of his first match in charge of the national side this Saturday
- Widnes Vikings captain Kevin Brown speaks to us exclusively after his call-up to the England side: insisting he’s a better player now than when he last played for England six years ago
- Worrying news from Wakefield Trinity Wildcats after an off-field incident concerning one of their players
- Big recruitment news from St Helens – who are closing in on another new signing in the week they revealed Matty Smith would come back to the club
- News from Warrington too, as they line up new recruits following their defeat in the Super League Grand Final
- Salford coach Ian Watson explains how rumours linking his players away from the AJ Bell Stadium are “rubbish”
- ..Watson also sheds light on what his new-look leadership group may be in 2017
- The latest on Zak Hardaker’s future – with yet ANOTHER Super League club expressing an interest in the former Man of Steel
- New Super League General Manager Roger Draper speaks to us exclusively after his appointment last week
- The latest on the future of crisis-hit Championship side Sheffield Eagles
- A new face landing at Bradford Bulls from overseas