Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Supporters Coach to Leigh Centurions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Basil Exposition

Basil Exposition
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

Just a reminder about the coach to Leigh on the 25th April.

We currently do not have enough bookings to run this coach, if you want to go but have not been able to book it yet please contact me and i will arrange to meet you at either the Featherstone or Wigan games.

Prices are:
Adults: 11 Members, 13 Non-Members
Children: 6 Members, 7 Non-Members

The coach will leave at 12pm (Midday) and leave thirty minutes after the final hooter.
Pickup is from Don Valley Stadium (to be confirmed due to an event at DVS that day). If not Don Valley it will be The Penny Black in town. We can only run one pick up due to costs and driver time limits which are out of our hands.

We want the coach to be sucessful but we can only run it with your support.

Edited by Basil Exposition, 07 April 2010 - 01:31 PM.

2010 - Where it all begins again......

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,495 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

Just to clarify, is it 12 pm or midday ? huh.gif

Edited by Griff, 08 April 2010 - 08:55 PM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

Griff you are Muddled again, it should be Middle as 12 is the middle of the 24 hour clock, which equals Midday......You are still obviously using the old AM\PM version.....We Europeans are more progressive, some of us would actually advocate us becoming a Republic..........
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#4 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Basil Exposition @ Apr 7 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a reminder about the coach to Leigh on the 25th April.

We currently do not have enough bookings to run this coach, if you want to go but have not been able to book it yet please contact me and i will arrange to meet you at either the Featherstone or Wigan games.

Prices are:
Children: 6 Members, 7 Non-Members

The coach will leave at 12pm (Midday) and leave thirty minutes after the final hooter.
Pickup is from Don Valley Stadium (to be confirmed due to an event at DVS that day). If not Don Valley it will be The Penny Black in town. We can only run one pick up due to costs and driver time limits which are out of our hands.

We want the coach to be sucessful but we can only run it with your support.

it can be frustrating running coaches bud but STICK WITH IT.ive done it at Fev for yrs now and we couldnt get out of mini-bus mode for 3 of em!.now we're over-subscribed every away game and filled 4 coaches for Warrington already....although it does help when ur teams on a roll! wink.gif ...40 petrol to Barra or Haven or a tenner on a coach?...now thats a hard one..... biggrin.gif

#5 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,495 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

Cheers for the support! happy.gif

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Eagletarian @ Apr 9 2010, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
some of us would actually advocate us becoming a Republic..........

indeed, some of us would!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,495 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

I thought we were in one. huh.gif

#8 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:05 AM

40 petrol to Barra or Haven

what the hell do you drive ?????

ps not a tenner for the bus...
wink.gif wink.gif

Living in Barrow and travelling to Sheffield for all home games the distance is 131 miles from Barrow to South Sheffield (less to Bramall Lane or DVS)... (via Huddersfield, Halifax, Keighley, Skipton, Settle, Kirby Lonsdale, Ulverston) or 160 miles via M1, M62, M61, M6, A590).

Max distance 320 miles. 45 mpg (Vauxhall Meriva or Ford Fiesta - cruising at steady 70mph in either) or 262 miles, both cost well under 40.

What about comfort? Getting to pickup points and cost, and particularly not being tied down to time restriction?

With a centralised team of supporters it may have its benefits but when using a coach in the old days, I still had to drive 12 miles to get to a pick up point, and that is similar for MANY Eagles supporters, so that is where the problems lie. Living in Barrow I would use a supporters bus everytime as everyone lives very close to the ground, which is similar for so many of the traditional clubs.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#9 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:17 AM

What a Bargain......Look what a Taxi, one way would cost you.......Taxi Fare: 85.94 Distance: 54.62 miles Time: 119.15 minutes.......
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#10 Basil Exposition

Basil Exposition
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

Due to a lack of interest we have had to cancel the coach for Sundays game.
2010 - Where it all begins again......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users