Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Current Australian Super League coaches humiliate themselves

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Kiwi-Capper_merged

Kiwi-Capper_merged
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 5 2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kiwi rugby league players don't come from either type of locale. They mostly come from the slums of Auckland, which are not pretty at all.

you are an ignoramus of the highest order. let me guess you've seen once were warriors on betamax haven't you?

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 5 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would be surprised if you could find half the days of the summer season (December to February) in New Zealand when it was warm enough to swim.

Complete nonsense!

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 5 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But anyway the Kiwi (i.e. mostly Polynesian) rugby league players, unlike so many of the Aussies, don't live in those beach locations.

yes indeed there are no beaches in the Auckland region rolleyes.gif

Have you been here? in the summer?

#42 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Shadow @ Jul 5 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do know the difference between Australia and New Zealand don't you?
Kiwis are from New Zealand. North Queensland, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Manly, Bondi, Maroubra and Cronulla are in Australia.
There may be a large ex-patriot New Zealand community in Australia but I'd still hazard a guess that most Kiwis live in New Zealand.
This and this suggest you are talking ###### about the weather in New Zealand.

Yo seem confused about why I was making reference to Australian beach towns and suburbs. I was comparing proximity to the beach in Australia vs New Zealand (mainly Auckland, where most rugby league Kiwis are from).

Australians live in Australia, and Kiwis live in New Zealand. But many Kiwis come to Australia for the higher living standards, warmer temperatures and longer swimming season.

Your charts do not disprove what I said. New Zealand has about 3 months of swimming season, and many summer days are not that warm anyway.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 06 July 2010 - 02:41 PM.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

#43 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Kiwi-Capper_merged @ Jul 5 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you are an ignoramus of the highest order. let me guess you've seen once were warriors on betamax haven't you?

No. I saw Once Were Warriors on Laser Disk. I was shocked and horrified. The Auckland Polynesian rugby union/rugby league community, as portrayed in that film, came across as very scary. No wonder they are so good at both codes of rugby. Only religious people like Adrian Morley have the moral strength to stand up to the Kiwis.

It seems that gentle people like myself and my family would not fit in easily in scary Auckland.

QUOTE (Kiwi-Capper_merged @ Jul 5 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes indeed there are no beaches in the Auckland region rolleyes.gif

Have you been here? in the summer?

No. I have never been to Auckland in the summer. But I flew over it and decided that it wasn't for me. I have never been able to erase from my mind the images that I witnessed in the film Once Were Warriors. My wife is scared to land in Auckland. So are my children. After seeing Once Were Warriors they would prefer to holiday in Iraq or Afghanistan rather than set foot in Auckland.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 06 July 2010 - 02:34 PM.

_____

#44 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 6 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. I saw Once Were Warriors on Laser Disk. I was shocked and horrified. The Auckland Polynesian rugby union/rugby league community, as portrayed in that film, came across as very scary. No wonder they are so good at both codes of rugby. Only religious people like Adrian Morley have the moral strength to stand up to the Kiwis.

It seems that gentle people like myself and my family would not fit in easily in scary New Zealand.

No. I have never been to Auckland in the summer. But I flew over it and decided that it wasn't for me. I have never been able to erase from my mind the images that I witnessed in the film Once Were Warriors. My wife is scared to land in Auckland. So are my children. After seeing Once Were Warriors they would prefer to holiday in Iraq or Afghanistan rather than set foot in Auckland.

You really are a cock of the highest order.

rolleyes.gif

#45 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

No. I saw Once Were Warriors on Laser Disk. I was shocked and horrified. The Auckland Polynesian rugby union/rugby league community, as portrayed in that film, came across as very scary.

. After seeing Once Were Warriors they would prefer to holiday in Iraq or Afghanistan rather than set foot in Auckland.

I take it you havent seen Mad Max then or Romper Stomper?

Edited by a.n Other, 06 July 2010 - 10:01 AM.

#46 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (a.n Other @ Jul 6 2010, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I take it you havent seen Mad Max then or Romper Stomper?

I have seen both films. Which is why I would never dare criticise South Sydney in the company of Russell Crowe.

Needless to say I would never venture into the Australian desert without a machine gun and a few hand grenades within easy reach. Given the difficulty of acquiring such I take the easy course. In the interests of safety I stay close to the seaside, where most civilised Australians tend to congregate. I am most comfortable sitting on the Esplanade at Manly, with my Bobby Fulton T-shirt, or on the sands of Bondi with my Artie Beetson T-shirt. That way I always get pleasant looks from the locals. If a local rugby league fan wants to strike up a conversation, I usually tell them about the Harlequins or the Catalans or Toulouse --- which most of them don't know about -- and how important it is for them to come visit London and Perpignan and Toulouse to support these clubs. Generally I tend to tell them how lucky they are to live near the seaside in a warm, safe country like Australia, and if they want to see the world, it's best to avoid damp, cold, boring places like Wakefield and Castleford, and damp, cold, dangerous places like Auckland, where the Jake Hekes of this world still run rampant.

The places to visit in New Zealand are said to be all on the south Island, with Queenstown the pick of the crop.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 06 July 2010 - 02:20 PM.

_____

#47 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 6 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have seen both films. Which is why I would never dare criticise South Sydney in the company of Russell Crowe.

Why not? You do realise he was just "pretending" to be a racist skinhead......don't you?

#48 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

One of the biggest catches of all time for Mr Rosenfield. Well done indeed.

#49 Kiwi-Capper_merged

Kiwi-Capper_merged
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 6 2010, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(mainly Auckland, where most rugby league Kiwis are from).

you forgot to mention the slums rolleyes.gif

Edited by Kiwi-Capper_merged, 06 July 2010 - 06:32 PM.

#50 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Kiwi-Capper_merged @ Jul 6 2010, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you forgot to mention the slums rolleyes.gif

I did not want to rub it in too much, that's all.

Since your user name suggests that you are apparently both a Kiwi and a fervent traditionalist, I wonder if are you an admirer of Jake Heke?

Edited by ParisSurtout, 06 July 2010 - 09:23 PM.

_____

#51 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

Nathan Brown is staying at Huddersfield - it's a lovely place wink.gif
link to Examiner

biggrin.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#52 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (amh @ Jul 11 2010, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nathan Brown is staying at Huddersfield - it's a lovely place wink.gif
link to Examiner

biggrin.gif

According to word on the street Nathan Brown read my original post and started to take a long, hard look at himself. He didn't like what he saw.

This announcement must surely be the outcome.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 12 July 2010 - 08:33 AM.

_____

#53 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

Only religious people like Adrian Morley have the moral strength to stand up to the Kiwis.

I think that really is the silliest thing I've ever read on here.

It's a shame though, really. I still had hope that you were an idiot and not a troll, but nobody is as stupid as your last few comments.
People called Romans they go the house

#54 ParisSurtout

ParisSurtout
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (MrPosh @ Jul 12 2010, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that really is the silliest thing I've ever read on here.

Don't knock the power of religion Mr P. It is vital for retaining the civilisational respect for opponents among many tough rugby league players. So many of the Polynesian peoples themselves are religious Christians. David Solomona and Ali Lauititi come to mind, as does Israel Folau. Religion enables you to accept pain and suffering. It also mitigates the darker desires, such as the desire to maim, and the desire for revenge. So you never hear of the likes of Ali Lauititi or David Solomona undertaking vicious play or excessively violent tackles.

Religious sentiment is weaker in Australia. You can be certain that the more vicious Australian players such as Paul Gallen and Luke O'Donnell are not religious.

Adrian Morley and Matt King now go to church together. That has enabled Matt King to settle down in northern England much better than he had been, and we have seen the positive results in his on field performance.

I am not religious but I see the social virtues of moderate religious commitment.

Edited by ParisSurtout, 12 July 2010 - 09:51 PM.

_____

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users