Up the Taffs!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

Yeah not much Welsh about the Crusaders at the moment but what a job Noble, Harris and Sharp have done this year.

But where in the hell did that Scorpions effort come from yesterday at Oldham. It looked like they had gone backwards a bit in recent weeks taking a tonking at Rochdale but that win puts them back in the play off mix for sure.

Edited by audois, 02 August 2010 - 11:51 AM.

si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#2 BringbackGB

BringbackGB
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

Good result for Welsh RL. I always look at the Championship 1 result for Scorpions before the Crusaders results in SL. I might have a couple of quid on Wales for the European Championship. Hopefully the French players will be distracted by winning the Challenge Cup with Catalans.
smile.gif

#3 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (BringbackGB @ Aug 2 2010, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good result for Welsh RL. I always look at the Championship 1 result for Scorpions before the Crusaders results in SL. I might have a couple of quid on Wales for the European Championship. Hopefully the French players will be distracted by winning the Challenge Cup with Catalans.
smile.gif

Funny you should say that but I'm a bit like that to. Because thats the future isn't it. With Catalans this season I'm just as interested in seeing how their Academy U18s are going and follow with great interest the Roosters U20s. Its particularly important with the new expansion clubs that they develop their overall structures but in the last week I've seen these scores which are most encouraging:

Quins U18 52-18 Wakefield
Catalans U18s 26-22 Salford
Crusaders U18s 38-32 Hull FC
Oldham 24-42 South Wales
Hemel 46-12 Kippax
Nottingham 34-28 Featherstone Lions

"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"

#4 sgorpioncaerdyddrob

sgorpioncaerdyddrob
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

It made the usual 4 hour plus journey back home go very quickly, not been that happy since the win at Bradford away last year. A marker and a major achievement to take on from this season.

The defence was immense and the majority of the try scoring chances were taken, simple really , they'd been capable of this all season , losing 5 matches by 6 points or less says alot.I just wish there had been more 'Taffs' up there with us to see it. A side put together quickly about a month or so before the start of the season of a few seasoned pro's , talented local Union converts, a local South African and Australian with Welsh heritage have done remarkably well, but whatever their background they are now Welsh Rugby League players. I look forward to seeing many of them representing my country this Autumn in what will be a real barometer as to how well we're doing.

Cardiff Demons ARLFC www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc
Cardiff Spartans ARLFC www.pitchero.com/clubs/southcoastspartans

Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth! BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS......!

#5 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (cardifcrusaderrob @ Aug 2 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It made the usual 4 hour plus journey back home go very quickly, not been that happy since the win at Bradford away last year. A marker and a major achievement to take on from this season.

The defence was immense and the majority of the try scoring chances were taken, simple really , they'd been capable of this all season , losing 5 matches by 6 points or less says alot.I just wish there had been more 'Taffs' up there with us to see it. A side put together quickly about a month or so before the start of the season of a few seasoned pro's , talented local Union converts, a local South African and Australian with Welsh heritage have done remarkably well, but whatever their background they are now Welsh Rugby League players. I look forward to seeing many of them representing my country this Autumn in what will be a real barometer as to how well we're doing.

Good to hear all that. I noticed Gareth Dean not on team sheet Sunday. I know Gareth because he plays here in Carcassonne although from next season he will be transfering over to Limoux. His idea of going to the Scorpions is to put himself in the window for the EC.

#6 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

Plus the supporters' club has reformed in Wrexham AND there's a page in the programme in Welsh!

#7 Cofi

Cofi
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (Chronicler of Chiswick @ Aug 3 2010, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plus the supporters' club has reformed in Wrexham AND there's a page in the programme in Welsh!

Newyddion da! Good news! wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users