Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Worlds ten best forwards

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (no13benny @ Sep 16 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't sabotage my list. I was merely pointing out that from an Aussies perspective, who have more info on Aussies, Aussies always dominate.

I myself have an English perspective, and in my opinion these are the best in the world.

Plus if you're going to start including hookers and loose forwards, these are next on my list:

James Roby
Keiron Cunningham
Kevin Sinfield
Jon Clarke
Sean O'Loughlin
Scott Murrell
Cameron Smith

At least you've got one in there, eh? biggrin.gif

Now this is a wind up!?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#22 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:48 AM

All Aussies are supermen.

#23 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,810 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:29 PM

I don't really consider hookers as a forward in the traditional sense. I wouldn't even describe them as hookers anymore. They're more an acting half back.
Posted Image

#24 Tonka

Tonka
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Wellsy4HullFC @ Sep 17 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really consider hookers as a forward in the traditional sense. I wouldn't even describe them as hookers anymore. They're more an acting half back.

I think the tackling stint they usually have to put in puts them in the forwards.

#25 nath155

nath155
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

why are crabtree and daryl griffen on that list. if there in the top 10 forwards in the world theres something wrong with rugby league.

#26 MattSantos

MattSantos
  • Coach
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

Darrell Griffin....

I think it'll take me till Tuesday to stop laughing at that.

#27 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

I have absolutely no problem with Crabtree being in the England squad for his sheer size but I'd agree that there is now way he's in the top 10-20 RL Forwards in the world.

Edited by HappyDave, 17 September 2010 - 09:02 PM.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#28 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (no13benny @ Sep 15 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ten best prop/second row forwards in the world, based on current form:

Jamie Peacock
Adrian Morley
James Graham
Ben Westwood
Gareth Ellis
Sam Burgess
Darrell Griffin
Stuart Fielden (Yes, look out he's back to form)
Gareth Carvell
Eorl Crabtree

Discuss rolleyes.gif

PS. This is not a wind up.

what drugs are you on? have you never heard of nathan hindmarsh, jason ryles, cameron smith, willie mason, ben creagh etc etc etc
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#29 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

what no Ryan Bailey .
must be a mistake cool.gif
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#30 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

laugh.gif

Nice to see the boot on the other foot for some Aussies with ridiculously biased opinions.

It was of course a wind up. Restoring the balance of ridiculous comments.

Mark Flanagan, left this country with less than 10 first grade appearances to his name, goes to the NRL and becomes a regular.

The English are Supermen.

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#31 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

I think the NRL is a superb competition but I'm truely fed up of the of the guys on the TRL forums who constantly whing on here about the SL, drool over the NRL & bang on about the NRL players ('Supermen'). So I like this thread as I'd agree we have lots of superb Forwards in the Englad squad & the SL.
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users