OT Another request for help on Rover's History.

stuart56

Another request received

'Hello,

I wonder if you can help me.

My son has asked me to write a potted history of my late father's life. One aspect which I would like to include is his friendship with Walter Tennant, a former Rovers player.

I believe that Walter played for Yorkshire. Any information which you feel able to provide about his Rovers career would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Malcolm Anders'

Edited by stuart56

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

Stuart, i personally know Malcolm Anders although i have not seen him for years, he used to follow rovers many years ago and used to travel from his home somewhere near Ripon to watch Fev, his dad Sam used to be my uncle Walt's best mate and i do believe they were also work colleagues, i could put him back in touch with our Clive, who is Walt's son if he wishes to do so, please feel free to pm me for contact details,

Regards

Maureen

Im Fev and im proud

Another request received

'Hello,

I wonder if you can help me.

My son has asked me to write a potted history of my late father's life. One aspect which I would like to include is his friendship with Walter Tennant, a former Rovers player.

I believe that Walter played for Yorkshire. Any information which you feel able to provide about his Rovers career would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Malcolm Anders'

I saw Walt play many times. He was stocky, not over tall and had a stride that made him look fairly slow but it was deceptive as opposition players found out when he beat them. One game that stands out in my mind was at Bradford Northern. Walt got the ball at centre and sweved left and kicked right. He ran round the oppostion and beat Phillips on the outside to score a scorcher. When Allan played wing to his centre he nurtured him through his opening games. Alan was slight then in comparison to the bulk he had later. My dad always said that Walt was extra special as he played with an eye complaint all his career. An outstanding player that deserved more recognition.