Game at Oldham

moorside roughyed

I love an Oldham v Swinton game...

Well, we do have quite a bit in common, such as...

We have both never been finalists in a Wembley Challenge Cup final

We have each won the Challenge Cup 3 times - together in consecutives seasons, Oldham 1899, 1925 & 1927, Swinton 1900, 1926 & 1928. Together we were the strongest Challenge Cup sides of the mid-1920s (1925-1928)

We have both been nomadic since the 1990s

We have both had seasons in the post-war years when we were near the peak of the game, Oldham in '50s and the Lions in the '60s

We have both had world class centres such as the two Alans, Alan Davies and Alan Buckley

A fantastic game one showing what a great game we have. It was a credit to both sides.

It can't be argued that you played the better rugby but we took our chances.

I just pray that  we both stay up because of the great bond there is between the two clubs.

All the best for the rest of the season.

A fantastic game one showing what a great game we have. It was a credit to both sides.

It can't be argued that you played the better rugby but we took our chances.

I just pray that  we both stay up because of the great bond there is between the two clubs.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Thanks pal. Oh, and by the way, I love your name 'Antisuperleague', I'm not exactly a fan of it too, if you take my drift.

:tease:

Archived