North Wales - home

blackknight

• 2 weeks later...

Our own fault, inexcusable 1st half performance, stupid penalty to give away at the end of the game. If the team decided to turn up for 80 minutes instead of 40 we would have comfortably won that.

Decent 2nd half performance from the team though, I'll give them that, but you can't play a 1st half like that at any level. Did nobody's hands decided to work when catching the ball from kicks? It has to be said that result has been coming for the past couple of weeks now with poor performances. 

Hey ho, we go again Sunday

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Gutted - thought I felt bad last night, but this morning is worse.

Overall the first half really cost us, but in a game that had only 3 PENALTIES in 74 minutes to actually then give one against the team in possession in front of their own posts was unbelievable - every play the ball has pushing, shoving, mouthing, but that was all let go along with loads of high tackles.

Bigger picture, looking at the table, to go up we may have to do it the hard way now, but the lads have showed many times this season what they are capable of and now need to do it for 3 games consistently

Remember this? Last time we had a vital night league game - this was on Sky TV on Thursday 4th July 2013:

Match Report

Knights Raided in more last minute heartbreak

A last-gasp penalty kick consigned York City Knights to a 26-24 home defeat by Barrow Raiders in the Kingstone Press Championship last night.

Ref that night? Mr C Leatherbarrow !!!!

Shut up moaning about the referee shades. If we hadn't played abysmally in the first half we wouldn't have had to worry about that penalty at the end. The fact it is Leatherbarrow makes no difference whatsoever.

I'll moan if and when I want - you obviously have not seen as many Knights games with him in charge as a lot of us

The ref & touch judge should not have allowed Crusaders 2nd try should they?

And we should never have let them have a 28 nil H.T. lead, we need a pair of half backs, a full back who can catch a kick and we need someone who can kick in open play.

There was a young lad stood with us and it was only his third game of watching rugby league, he knew York couldnt tackle or catch a ball he said we were poor, couldn't argue with him, as our friends from South Leeds used to say York are big time Charlies.

I thoght they were all very very naughty boys for dropping the ball on purpose

Well said Deano. Like Fordy said, seen the best do it. Remember Billy Slater in the World Cup final in Brisbane? The lads had there worst half, yes half, of the season. Massive credit to them for coming out the second half and trying to pull it round and almost succeeding. A lot of teams would have gone through the motions second half and got well stuffed.

Archived