The Future of Hunslet Hawks

Moose

Forgot about the duel reg thing with Fev seeing as we have not used it up to now , and one i don't want with them. i would have taken a scrum half off them though or anyone on loan for that matter,

as ours must be the worst in our league. It should be Thomas in that position for us , another bad coaching mistake.

Back to the James Duckworth going to Fev saga , we simply cannot afford to retain him next season simple as that, better to let him go and survive as a club.

I can see us being in this league for quite a few seasons , until we get a decent backer here we stay. Better this than no club i say.[/quote

It's the fact that we can't allegedly afford players of his calibre that's worrying not that it's James Duckworth.

Decent backers are thin on the ground, clubs in a far better position than ours can't find one so I don't fancy our chances.

At the moment we are the bottom professional RL club in the heartlands, the only one's below us are in expansionist areas, if you are happy to accept that and carry on paying your entrance money to watch the dross served up then good for you, personally I'm not happy to accept it.

I've watched and supported Hunslet for about 65 years through thick and thin, mostly thin times but I have never seen us play so ineptly and with a lack of passion as we have this season.

Great Points , Ranone and Moose . Please remember our recent history .MOST on here were Blind to Eatons Ineptness , Those that spoke out ,Were Barred.. FACT .. The guy was given 3 seasons , had the support of 3 x trophy winners ..Brammald ddoesnt have that , Charmed Luxury .... Please give him TIME ...

Great Points , Ranone and Moose . Please remember our recent history .MOST on here were Blind to Eatons Ineptness , Those that spoke out ,Were Barred.. FACT .. The guy was given 3 seasons , had the support of 3 x trophy winners ..Brammald ddoesnt have that , Charmed Luxury .... Please give him TIME ...

What do you mean by barred? Do you mean barred on this forum or barred from the club.

Josh your right regarding Eaton having 3 seasons and support of 3 x treble trophy winners , and he made a mess of it coaching us.

But and i will say again , Matt is picking a player at scrum half , who just offloads everytime , yes everytime offloading  the ball to the next man at the side of him , never making a break or anything else.

Old time pensioners around me say they could do better than that , and i think they could. Yes i slated Richie Barnett last season for dropping the ball all the time , and gladly this season he has proved me wrong, he's worth his place in the team.

So why can't Matt our coach see what everyone else can , please don't tell me we don't have anyone else , as Thomas should be first choice in this position , now that's why we are where we are, hoping to get an 8th spot , because the scrum half position is so important in rugby league. Hunslet as i have watched for many years has always had a good or half decent  scrum half , if not a good team. Stand down Matt if you don't know what one looks like.Sorry Josh but it's simple really.

Moose , Ask yourself ,Why ? This forum is Stagnant ,Scroll back and see All the Names that are No longer able to post .... ,Basicly If you dont Pee, In the same pot ,As The BIG 3 ..... ,- , Suzzy ,Penola and K O L .You are Unwelcome .....

Moose , Ask yourself ,Why ? This forum is Stagnant ,Scroll back and see All the Names that are No longer able to post .... ,Basicly If you dont Pee, In the same pot ,As The BIG 3 ..... ,- , Suzzy ,Penola and K O L .You are Unwelcome .....

Or it just might be that the team are so poor that supporters have given up.

Regardless of which pot they pee in any member can post on here as long as they keep it civilised, the trouble is some think they're on Facebook or Twitter and can say whatever they want.

Moose josh hit the nail on the head .fans were stopped from posting for slaging rhinos. Most have now walked away from the club and won't come back

People were stopped from posting because of their insistence of complaining about our Dual Reg agreement with Leeds on virtually every thread no matter what the thread was about. That and their rude, inflammatory and often aggressive behaviour aimed at fellow forum members has also been one of the contributing factors towards the dwindling number of posts.

I've enjoyed our debate and thank all of you for keeping it friendly, we may not always agree but there's no reason to fall out over it. I've said all I want to about the Hawk's future, so for me, that's it on this thread.☺

I guess like me a lot of former posters are just fed up with the constant

negatives on here. I was not totally anti-dual reg but now its gone I will

still continue to pay my money through the turn-styles because I am a

Hunslet supporter. Some of us accept that 4 - 500 fans does not get you

a super league team and unless we increase the attendances that's the

way it will be. All those who fell out with the club over the last few seasons

should maybe come back now or forget about Hunslet?

they wont return.. 

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

• 2 weeks later...

The Big 3? What's that about? I'm just a Hunslet fan who detests the urinals. I sit near Adie and Lenin. Sat next to Adie at ER when we were kids. You must think there's an illuminati. Sheer paranoia mate

• 3 weeks later...

So one Rugby club gets 12/14,000 and the other one gets 350. When Leeds United were a top side they got 40,000 now they're not they get 20,000. Quality sells, always has done, always will.

NO, Leeds United charging almost £40 for a ticket - or £30 for the kop - when you can go to a couple of PL teams for that, is what puts people off. Most families have to prioritize where their budget goes thses days

and you can bet they would sooner go shopping than throwing it away on sports.

as attendances go, Leeds, per % of the populatation of the City is small compared to those mentioned by KOL. One of the things that almost killed this club was SL not allowing us in and many of the fans have never returned to watch.

Archived