South Wales Scorpions

stuart56

There's been many comments on here about the Welsh experiment and the move of Crusaders to Wrexham. Although totally against the different rules that were applied to Celtic when they joined the league I always found their fans friendly and very keen to see RL succeed in that part of the country.

Interesting that now the loyal Bridgend and South Wales fans have been 'Sold down the Swanee' (or is that the Clywedog), it's Ian Golden who is once again trying to raise funds and sponsors for the new South Wales Scorpions.

Once again I would pray for a 'level playing field' but find it difficult not to support any fan who is willing to put time and effort into a RL team, wherever they play.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

There's been many comments on here about the Welsh experiment and the move of Crusaders to Wrexham. Although totally against the different rules that were applied to Celtic when they joined the league I always found their fans friendly and very keen to see RL succeed in that part of the country.

Interesting that now the loyal Bridgend and South Wales fans have been 'Sold down the Swanee' (or is that the Clywedog), it's Ian Golden who is once again trying to raise funds and sponsors for the new South Wales Scorpions.

Once again I would pray for a 'level playing field' but find it difficult not to support any fan who is willing to put time and effort into a RL team, wherever they play.

Ian is a great bloke and has done wonders for the game down in Wales, I wish all levels of RL Media were at his level.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

......Interesting that now the loyal Bridgend and South Wales fans have been 'Sold down the Swanee' (or is that the Clywedog), it's Ian Golden who is once again trying to raise funds and sponsors for the new South Wales Scorpions.....

Why wouldn't he be, since the Scorpions are essentially the Crusaders' reserve team?

I take what Stuart says on board and agree that my thoughts are with the fans of Crusaders who have been dealt a short hand out of this disgraceful episode. I have, however , placed on record many times my admiration for Ian Golden and the work he has done to try and bring rugby league to Wales. He is, as Chris Taylor says, a top bloke and someone who I have great respect for. It has always been the politics of the venture I have disagreed with, and I still do to some extent. As for this being Crusaders second team ? I think many of the lads left behind won't agree with that.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.