Team for Sunday

E.S.O

Now we've had a look at the whole squad, barring injured players, what would be your team for the first league game?

I'd go with:

Thackeray

Barnett

Yere

Ropati

Taulapapa

Lindsay

Brooks

Howieson

Cook

Stringer

Szostak

Corcoran

Green

Subs:

Hepworth

Barlow

Exton

Haley

This is presuming Alex Rowe gets a ban, I think his disciplinary was today.

card.png

Now we've had a look at the whole squad, barring injured players, what would be your team for the first league game?

I'd go with:

Thackeray

Barnett

Yere

Ropati

Taulapapa

Lindsay

Brooks

Howieson

Cook

Stringer

Szostak

Corcoran

Green

Subs:

Hepworth

Barlow

Exton

Haley

You are a bit short of Backs in the Subs, I'd have Woodcock instead of Haley......

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

eagletarian.gif

I'd go with:

Thackeray

Barnett

Yere

Ropati

Taulapapa

Lindsay

Brooks

Howieson

Cook

Stringer

Szostak

Corcoran

Green

Subs:

Hepworth

Barlow

Exton

Haley

Who are you having kick the goals? With no Woodcock or Coleman, doesn't that leave Mitch?!

Power beyond comprehension...

http://www.therfl.co.uk/about/disciplinary_item.php?id=1606

One match. You have to be a rich SuperLeague club to get leniency with this sort of offence.

I'd go with:

Woodcock

Thackeray

Yere

Ropati

Taulapapa

Lindsay

Brooks

Howieson

Cook

Stringer

Szostak

Corcoran

Green

Subs:

Hepworth

Barlow

Exton

McDonald

Edited by tim2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Who are you having kick the goals? With no Woodcock or Coleman, doesn't that leave Mitch?!

Mitch, or even Tangi. Tangi kicked at Barrow last year.

My team would be:

Woodcock

Taluapapa

Ropati

Yere

Barnett

Lindsay

Brooks

Howieson

Cook

Stringer

Szostak

Exton

Green

Thackeray

McDonald

Barlow

Hepworth

Edited by Basil Exposition

2010 - Where it all begins again......

Mitch, or even Tangi. Tangi kicked at Barrow last year.

My team would be:

Woodcock

Taluapapa

Ropati

Yere

Barnett

Lindsay

Brooks

Howieson

Cook

Stringer

Szostak

Exton

Green

Thackeray

McDonald

Barlow

Hepworth

Would you want to tell Ged he's not in the team? :D

card.png

There seems to be a theme here about Johnny not being in the team - mood as changed in the last few weeks - but I think it's right - might give him the impetus to pick his speed up and occassionally off load

Baffling.

The only reason he's not in my team is because Ashley Thackeray played a blinder at Oldham, and if he doesn't retain his place he's going to wonder what he has to do, no relfection on Jonny.

card.png

Baffling.

The only reason he's not in my team is because Ashley Thackeray played a blinder at Oldham, and if he doesn't retain his place he's going to wonder what he has to do, no relfection on Jonny.

You could argue the same for John Coleman, his Goal Kicking and Try were pretty important contributions in the Oldham game.

eagletarian.gif

You could argue the same for John Coleman, his Goal Kicking and Try were pretty important contributions in the Oldham game.

His goal kicking is top notch from what we've seen so far, his try was a walk in. He doesn't contribute enough in my opinion, certainly not to get in the team ahead of Menzie or Tangi.

card.png

His goal kicking is top notch from what we've seen so far, his try was a walk in. He doesn't contribute enough in my opinion, certainly not to get in the team ahead of Menzie or Tangi.

I didn't positively say that John Coleman should be in the team, I argued that your analysis was comparable....A good performance was put in by both players. By the way it is very early days to claim John doesn't "contribute enough". He has stepped up a few leagues to put himself in contention for the outstanding Eagles!!!.....I do believe you should consider fielding a recognised Goal Kicker, they do put points on the board.....PS Well done for starting this thread.

eagletarian.gif

I didn't positively say that John Coleman should be in the team, I argued that your analysis was comparable....A good performance was put in by both players. By the way it is very early days to claim John doesn't "contribute enough". He has stepped up a few leagues to put himself in contention for the outstanding Eagles!!!.....I do believe you should consider fielding a recognised Goal Kicker, they do put points on the board.....PS Well done for starting this thread.

No disrespect to John Coleman at all, like you say he has stepped up a few leagues, but I wouldn't call his performance at Oldham a good one, particularly defensively. He is a good goal kicker, but to kick goals someone needs to score the tries, and that's why Menzie and Tangi must start in the centres. I suppose in hindsight, presuming he's fully fit, Woodcock will have to start to cover the goal kicking base, but this would be extremely harsh on Thackeray.

You've contributed a few times to the thread now Eagletarian but still not posted your 17! Let's 'ave it :D

card.png

I think the 17 which the coaching team deem to be the most reliable, fit and contain the ability to rise to a scorned 'Fax side who will be out to put right the last 3 consecutive defeats by the Eagles.

Calland will have targeted several, but I think Tubbs and the team will have some aces up their sleeves and folks like Ged, Sam, Mitch and Jack will have a point to prove.

So my 17 will be the ones selected on the day ;)

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

No disrespect to John Coleman at all, like you say he has stepped up a few leagues, but I wouldn't call his performance at Oldham a good one, particularly defensively. He is a good goal kicker, but to kick goals someone needs to score the tries, and that's why Menzie and Tangi must start in the centres. I suppose in hindsight, presuming he's fully fit, Woodcock will have to start to cover the goal kicking base, but this would be extremely harsh on Thackeray.

You've contributed a few times to the thread now Eagletarian but still not posted your 17! Let's 'ave it :D

Are you thick or what?

QUOTE (E.S.O @ Feb 23 2010, 11:26 PM) *

I'd go with:

Thackeray

Barnett

Yere

Ropati

Taulapapa

Lindsay

Brooks

Howieson

Cook

Stringer

Szostak

Corcoran

Green

Subs:

Hepworth

Barlow

Exton

Haley

You are a bit short of Backs in the Subs, I'd have Woodcock instead of Haley......

I agreed with you but for the inclusion of Woodcock.....I smell Strongbow or White Lightening!!!!

Edited by Eagletarian

eagletarian.gif

Are you thick or what?

Is there really any need for that? An honest mistake and you resort to name calling/personal insults and implying I'm under the influence, add that to the fact you didn't actually say you'd play that same team, you just said you'd have Woodcock in instead of Haley.

You're supposed to be an adult, grow up.

Edited by E.S.O
card.png

I asked the question...Nothing else............

"Are you thick or what?" is hardly just a question, is it? It shows a complete lack of respect, and if I said it to you you'd be down on me like a ton of bricks.

card.png