Most Important Game In Years ?

F.Slater

The semi final of the play offs is arguably our most important game in many a year. To tick that all important box for SL qualification we simply need to reach the Grand Final, not win it.

Of course I would love to see us get straight there and go on and win the final - god knows we deserve it.

But all the players thoughts should be on making a Semi Final win their next big ambition.

frankslater1copy.jpg

The semi final of the play offs is arguably our most important game in many a year. To tick that all important box for SL qualification we simply need to reach the Grand Final, not win it.

Of course I would love to see us get straight there and go on and win the final - god knows we deserve it.

But all the players thoughts should be on making a Semi Final win their next big ambition.

Your right Frank, but all we as fans can do is make sure we turn up in good numbers, im even bringing the wife

Our form seems to have dipped in the past month which is a bit of a worry given Halifax and Barrow seem to be playing quite well at the moment.

Anyone that beats us however will have to score over 30 point in my mind, we just need to get the line speed and tackling sorted out again and we should be ok.

We looked a much better side with Tommy Saxton back on Sunday but missed Kyle Briggs.

As for ticking boxes if we ticked every box twice we would still not get into Pooper duper, I don

Think the 2007 Final was a bigger game, took us out of the doledrums of League 2 and set the platform for what we are enjoying today.

A semi-final in 2012,13 or 14 may be more significant for our future than this one.

Agree 100% with that and was going to say the very same thing but you beat me to it. Yes, getting to the Grand Final is important in terms of ticking the box allowing us to apply for a franchise but in reality being awarded one is very slim. It would be a cracking day out if we got there but I feel the 2007 final was more important for the long term future of the club.

Different club completely and situation but look whats happened to Oldham since our Grand Final.