Rupert Murdoch / Private Eye

Saw this in the Letters Section of Private Eye today, thought it might appeal to some.....

"Sir, So Rupert Murdoch is claiming that he owns the "SKY" in "SKYPE". One wonders whether he is preparing a similar claim of ownership over the relevant section of the word "Scunthorpe".

I was dying to try this out with the people behind the Sky stand in the Arndale, but failed to attract their attention.

10527261_10152163584386971_3057229316284

most readers of the drivel I put on here won't be surprised I am the first to reply to this one!

A most astute editorial team and informed publication is Private eye, particularly on this piece of social commentary! :lol: !

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Saw this in the Letters Section of Private Eye today, thought it might appeal to some.....

"Sir, So Rupert Murdoch is claiming that he owns the "SKY" in "SKYPE". One wonders whether he is preparing a similar claim of ownership over the relevant section of the word "Scunthorpe".

I was dying to try this out with the people behind the Sky stand in the Arndale, but failed to attract their attention.

Not directly related to the main point, but I was interested in your by-line. I too have tried to change my name but cannot for the life of me find a way to do it. I am given to understand that this forum does not allow it but others do. It's all a mystery to me!

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

if you e-mal simon kerr I'm sure it will be changed for you!

You may still have to log on with your original username tho - with your changed name appearing on display.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I'm hopeless at this type of thing ( I'm too old to learn) but try My Controls then personal profile. Look across and see your ICQ UIN name and try to change it to what you require. It may or may not work. However Cliff if you have changed your e mail then re-register with the new e mail address and a name of your choice.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Personally I wondered whether he would lay claim to part of the word "Penistone" as being more appropriate.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.