TRAVEL TO CRAVEN PARK

Eagleraider

M1- M62-M61-M6-A590 is 157 miles Meadowhall to Craven Park and takes 2hr 30min ish.

If you go Huddersfield, Halifax, Keighley,Skipton, Clapham, Kirby Lonsdale, [A629-A65] cross M6 then A590 it's 130 miles but takes about 30/40 min longer.

Road works on A590 at Low/High Newton bypass (just as approaching Newby Bridge) and COULD add 20+ mins to trip.

Road works were just installed on Tuesday last week and are there for 5 weeks (allegedly!!!!) and have made dual carrageway down to single line.

Most traffic leaves Barrow around 3.30 - 5pm and there have been horrendous traffic queues in Lindal (Barrow side of Ulverston) all times of the day !!

Plenty of parking around the ground and surrounding streets

See you there for my "Home" match :D:D

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

M1- M62-M61-M6-A590 is 157 miles Meadowhall to Craven Park and takes 2hr 30min ish.

If you go Huddersfield, Halifax, Keighley,Skipton, Clapham, Kirby Lonsdale, [A629-A65] cross M6 then A590 it's 130 miles but takes about 30/40 min longer.

Road works on A590 at Low/High Newton bypass (just as approaching Newby Bridge) and COULD add 20+ mins to trip.

Road works were just installed on Tuesday last week and are there for 5 weeks (allegedly!!!!) and have made dual carrageway down to single line.

Most traffic leaves Barrow around 3.30 - 5pm and there have been horrendous traffic queues in Lindal (Barrow side of Ulverston) all times of the day !!

Plenty of parking around the ground and surrounding streets

See you there for my "Home" match :D:D

Travelled it yesterday between 5-6 bypass is down to one lane at the end but no problems with the traffic. Just a pity its on a Friday night as I feel for you all having to travel this far on a weekday. Have a safe trip up here.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

Take care with the 2 speed cameras (one on each side about 400 yards apart) on the A590 shortly after the end of the dual-carriageway after getting onto the Barrow road at what I would call the Kendal roundabout. The road works are on a stretch which is normally 70mph, and has been reduced to 40mph and single lane and it then gets reduced to 30mph. Often a police car(+camera) at start of 40mph in a layby even though the road looks clear.

Hidden mobile cameras are often around Ulverston and Dalton area.

There were last night ;)

Radio Cumbria's your best bet. Online.

I have had a trawl through Cumbria's programming-the on line section, for tomorrow(Friday), and there is nothing at present down for the match, but that does not necessarily mean they wont broadcast it because it is Radio Cumbria!!

BBC Radio Cumbria - 95.6FM, 96.1FM and 104.1FM

Click here for the link

The schedule is:

18:00

Edited by Eagleraider
spelling!!