fev missed a trick

ov fev

For all the improvements made at featherstone over the past few years i still think they are really missing a trick here with this grand final.

they should be selling the tickets from the club shop, with as much merchandise on show as possible. there will people going fo tickets who haven't visited the ground for years.

the club shop is forever in darkness and im sure people not in the know will think its shut and not go to the office.

i also find it uncomforatble having to be let into the shop through the office and not being able to have a good browse around.

the classic white and thin blue striped shirts would probably sell out if they were on show.

i understand saving money not having someone in there full time, but for this couple of weeks i think it would have been worth it. were not getting anything form gate receipts so fev should be milking this grand final for every thing they can

When I went for my tickets, there was grand final merchandise on sale in the clubhouse with the tickets, all manned very well by polite volunteers.

If you've gone and there wasnt any merchandise, my guess would be that the initial batches have sold out, which means the club is probably doing very nicely from it. I'm sure there'll be more stock coming as the week passes and doubtless the club shop will be open on Sunday morning as you arrive for the bus.

The clubs aims towards the end of a regular season should be to run its stock down in readiness for new lines in a new season, it surely cant afford to throw old stock away. Since winning the title, a new polo, flat cap, T-Shirt, pin badge and mug range has been developed and put in stock and I'm sure there have been regular new products throughout the season as well. (Introduction of the Est 1921 range for example).

The think white & blue striped shirts have been on sale for months, the stock left is the remnants of this design.

Where have you been all year? Just noticed we've made a final?

i bought my tickets early friday and there was nothing in the club house,

but im not just talking about grand final stuff.

when you go to the supermarket do you buy exactly what you need then come home, i doubt it. its an opportunity to sell anything fev while people are waiting.

not a dig at the club, just a an opportunity missed i feel

too many people get too defensive. instead of thinking sensibly.

ive hardly missed a game all season :). im not talking about me im talking about the people who haven't been all season and have just noticed theres a cup final. there the ones fev should be taking advantage of, the ones who may see the shirts i mentioned for the first time and think "wow they're nice, im having one of those"

fts fev get crowds of between 1000 and 2000 and your all taking about taking 4000 fans, theres a few extra sales there.

when you go to the supermarket do you buy exactly what you need then come home, i doubt it. its an opportunity to sell anything fev while people are waiting.

ive hardly missed a game all season :). im not talking about me im talking about the people who haven't been all season and have just noticed theres a cup final. there the ones fev should be taking advantage of, the ones who may see the shirts i mentioned for the first time and think "wow they're nice, im having one of those"

fts fev get crowds of between 1000 and 2000 and your all taking about taking 4000 fans, theres a few extra sales there.

I can understand where you are coming from but with the club changing supplier it would have been a big gamble to keep old stock.

ROVERS ROVERS

WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).

ROVERS ROVERS

The reason there was no other merchandise on display upstairs is that the club shop was open at the same time the tickets were being sold, obviously you missed the club shop lights on, the club shop door open and people going in, browsing and coming out of the shop

I dont think you can compare a weekly multi million pound making supermarket with a small rugby club shop, for a start they are in two different sectors of the retail market and i certainly just go to supermarket to do my food shop, i dont go in there to spend all day browsing

Everyone else would jump on the bandwagon if supermarkets local round here started stocking rugby stuff, just like the mainstream sport shops, you dont see just one clubs replica stock for sale, you see a multitude of clubs

And the other factor is why would i want to give supermarkets my money boosting their profits when i could give it to the club instead buying it from their shop. I think the supermarkets make more than enough money

Edited by elppaxr2i

I'm sure the club capitalised as much as they were able! The sales pitch upstairs was topical for the moment- flat caps and tour t'shirts. That's good business as far as im concerned and it was done without being too pushy on the hard sell, as they were products you wanted to buy for our grand day out, they sold garments made specifically for the final and sold them all. Why distract the crowd with none topical options?

very interested in the comments on how we missed a trick. However to purchase a ticket you had to sign a disclaimer. This disclaimer contained your appropriate contact details.

I am quite sure that the club will utilize this information for promotion work to keep the " Final " fans informed about season tickets, events at the club house and countless other opportunities.

Regarding the club shop shop not being " manned" all the time we must remember Graham is an enthusiastic supporter and volunteer for the club. He cannot be present all the time. The stock available is limited at present due to it being the end of season, most of it being sold on Pontefract Market.

The marketting of the the "Flat caps and Tee Shirts" at the point of sale was brilliant. Well done to all concerned.