Davis steps down from RLEF role

After six seasons at the helm, RLEF Match Officials Manager Steve Davis has decided to relinquish his post. Davis, the Federation’s inaugural match officials chief, will return to his native Sydney having spent the last 13 years in England.

“My time with the RLEF has been extremely rewarding and I am very pleased to know that after my departure the systems we’ve implemented will continue to improve the standards of match official development among our member nations,” he said. “European Rugby League has progressed to a point that is unrecognisable to when I joined the RLEF in 2007. I leave knowing that a large number of member nations are now qualified to internally deliver match officials development.”

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Best of luck Stevo.. not only a RLEF Officials Manager, but has also played a big part in the development of the game at many levels throughout London.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

A lot of good things have happened on his watch. Well done to him.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson